Topic: [Not a bug] Two bugs - Sage quest & Field plants disappearing  (Read 721 times)

littlemoons

« on: December 26, 2023, 08:03:55 PM »
First bug: Upon entering a village, the screen immediately opens the chat dialogue with the sage who has a quest for me. This happened twice in the same village with the same sage who had the herb picking quest for me each time. Chat dialogue box appears right as I enter the village when the screen is supposed to zoom in to the village itself. I'm not standing anywhere near the sage as I enter the village.

Second bug: Field and pasture plants (flax, hemp, broad beans, peas, barley) disappear right as they are supposed to mature. I noticed this because I'm playing a vegetarian character who is foraging/stealing from nearby village fields. The plants were supposed to mature within a week to a few days, and I kept going back to see if they were mature yet. Instead of maturing, they had all vanished off the screen.

The only plants in the same tiles that were not affected were ryes, which successfully matured, could be harvested, and are now withering. And wild dog pipe plants.

I don't know if I had done something to make this plant bug happen. Before they matured, I was able to harvest hemps and flaxes for the fibres only for textilecrafting. Did this contribute to the bug?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 04:24:34 PM by Sami »

littlemoons

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2023, 08:10:42 PM »
I also have an older save of the character that is experiencing this bug, so I loaded it into 3.82 and will play through the time frame of when the plants disappeared and see if I can recreate it. If it happens again, I'll post screenshots.

Brygun

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2023, 12:15:36 PM »
Disappearing near a village might be related to the village harvesting their crops.

As to it be sudden 100% collected does mean there is none left for gleaning.

May or may not be working as intended. Certainly making it hard on the character plan.

Have you checked on tiles 2 or 3 away from a village. (if any such exist) Those seem to not generate "you're stealing" type messages so might be except from the auto-harvest that this might be.

littlemoons

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2023, 03:28:22 AM »
Oh, of course!! So the thief has been out-thieved, the answer is so obvious!  ;)

I have checked most of the tiles around the villages and they are also completely harvested.

Luckily, I have rolled back the character so I can still trying sniping those plants one more time 😈

I am dying to try out textilecraft, and I am not waiting another calendar year for harvest 😈😈😈

Thank you for the answer, I am really glad it is not a bug.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2024, 06:45:33 PM »
We could still take a look at that sage quest pop-up oddity, if you still have a backup character that suffers from the issue.
If so, you can .zip up the character folder and e-mail it over to me: sami [at] unrealworld.fi
- Sami | UnReal World creator

littlemoons

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2024, 12:12:25 AM »
Thanks, Sami. I will take the character back to that same village a bunch and see if I can recreate the scenario. If I see it again, I'll send you the zipped file.

anything