Topic: Best Ways to Acquire Masterwork Fur Armor?  (Read 5977 times)

Edico

« on: October 21, 2023, 03:02:03 PM »
I'm curious if anyone has any observations regarding good ways to get masterwork fur armor.  I see it on foreign traders quite often, but they are unwilling to part with it in trade almost all of the time.  I've found some pieces for sale in Driik, even fewer for sale in Reemi.  Kaumo is almost always rough quality and the few places I've stopped in Koivula, Sarto, and Kiesse seemed to not really be worth my time to look there.  Maybe I should be looking to do more quests to get the lost treasure reward?

Plotinus

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2023, 05:09:29 PM »
It sounds like you're already looking in the best places. Treasure reward is a good option - it's rare, but you can find out the reward before doing the quest and decline the ones that aren't treasure or that you don't think are worth the time.

Matti-patti

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2023, 08:18:58 PM »
I don't think masterwork furs actually have any better stats than fine furs, which have better availability. Especially Sartolais, Koivulais and Kiesseläis villages spawn lots of fine clothing/armour once they start spawning new items there after your first visit (on your first visit they are not well stocked that is, but visit them again a few months later).

Matti-patti

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2023, 11:35:41 AM »
Actually scratch that, masterwork fur does get +1 to edge and +1 tear (over fine, which itself is +1 warmth and +1 blunt), which makes it situationally more useful armour material over bear fur which instead a better pierce resistance. I'd say bear furs are still generally better as blunt attack is relatively rare and edge resistance is easier to stack than pierce.

Isauros

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2023, 09:20:11 PM »
I wouldn't say there is much reason to search desperately for M. fur armour. The 1+ point protection of Bear fur is more important, as both arrows and spears are very dangerous, and it is harder to stack for than edge. A linen shirt alone provides 2+ edge protection.

anything