Topic: [Fixed - persists in 3.81] Blacksmiths wrongly estimating the cost of hooks  (Read 6554 times)

Keriew

« on: July 29, 2023, 09:08:03 PM »
I went to a blacksmith who can craft tools and asked him to craft some fishing hooks. When asked what he'd like in return, he pointed that he would be satisfied with a single arrow. When I returned to him when the hooks were ready, it turned out that an arrow only had a marginal value compared to what I owed him so his initial estimation was off by a lot.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 06:16:21 PM by Sami »

Plotinus

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2023, 12:35:12 PM »
This happened to me too. I thought it was because I just didn't have enough valuables on me when I made the order.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2023, 08:17:50 PM »
What I've noticed is that arrowheads, broadheads and fish hooks all suffer from same cost estimate failure. The Smith gives you an cost estimate of a single head/hook, not the whole batch.
You can also purchase a single item from the smith too: When asking if the order is ready and smith confirms, hit 0 to return to chat top menu*, then trade, and you can select how many of the heads/hooks you actually want to barter for.

*the smith will nag about "you not better leave him with the ordered goods", don't mind the grouch, it's just lack of fresh air :P

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2023, 10:25:15 AM »
Hmm. It's not about the smith ignoring the batch value. Just checked it and at least codewise the number of items is correctly calculated in the price.

Now I'm thinking if you had quest reward "credits" available when experiencing this?
The remaining reward is discounted from the blacksmith prices too, just like with the normal trading, although there's some trouble with blacksmiths handling this correctly.

EDIT:

With further checking further interfering instances were found and also a case where the batch order value is ignored, and only single item price is taken into account.
This, combined with the possible reward discounts, are more than enough causes for wrong price estimations.

Fixing in process ...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 11:46:52 AM by Sami »
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2023, 06:15:29 PM »
Fixed.

One thing was that quest rewards were discounted from the final blacksmith product prices, but the blacksmiths didn't bring this up in their dialogue which might have cause wrong estimations in the initial prices. Now blacksmiths will speak about how much the possible reward compensates, and the estimation is based on that if there's applicable rewards.

And yes, there was also issue with the batch price, and that's fixed as well.

Fixed - persists in 3.81.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything