Topic: *DAMNED* Meeting with water spirits quest  (Read 3823 times)

alidamara

« on: May 30, 2023, 11:19:37 PM »
I've spent ~4 hours of real time to found a spot for that ritual and attempts to climb on it... Can someone help me with that crap?
Or just explain me please - how to climb on the rocks at water from raft/punt? May be I'm doing something wrong?

JP_Finn

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2023, 07:41:16 AM »
Generally speaking find rapids or ford, both tend to have several 1 tile rocks jutting out of the water. Wade or swim to one, move on to the skerry. And wait.
If you can’t climb to the skerry from wading/swimming, you won’t get on it from watercraft either.

Remember to strip down.

PALU

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2023, 08:29:17 AM »
As indicated by JP_Finn, you have to find a suitable rock (one that doesn't require climbing, or at least doesn't require impossible climbing), and it can take some searching to find one. Unless you're attempting this in the hottest part of the summer, I'd recommend using a raft or punt to get to the skerry in order not to get cooled down by the water as you're going to get cold from being naked. You COULD wade/swim out there in good time and heat up to a reasonable temperature while clothed and then only strip as the time approaches. If so, bring food and something to craft while waiting for the strip time.

alidamara

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2023, 11:28:54 AM »
As I understand, I need to found river or travel to sea shore. All that lakes around are completely useless for that quest.
Will try it and give a feedback here.

Thanks a lot for all your help!

alidamara

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2023, 12:03:33 PM »
I've found a single base rock tile surrounded by shallow waters, but it still doesn't work.
I'm waiting for a whole night completely naked with all my stuff at the ground, but nothing happens here...

Whats wrong with me?

JP_Finn

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2023, 04:45:26 PM »
Do you happen to have leashed animals nearby, that does mess up with old man and water spirits showing up. I’d take the animals 3 wilderness map tiles away.

Get on the skerry late evening. And pass time:
I usually bring some smoked or dried food, and bring supplies for arrow making for crafting.
I guess you could bring fishing rod and turnip for bait too. Or blocks and knife&axe for bowl carving. When the spirits show up, you’ll get prompted.

alidamara

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2023, 05:13:00 PM »
No, I'm completely alone around.
Getting on a rock tile at day, wait till evening, undressing and wait via "-" till dawn - nothing happens.

At the same tile near next island situation is the same...
May I missed something?

May be someone can check my save?

PALU

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2023, 07:41:35 PM »
The tile has to be completely surrounded by water and it has to be a single tile, although it seems you've already ensured that's the case. However, I've had this type of spirit contact attempts fail for unknown reasons, only to work at the next attempt.

alidamara

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2023, 09:11:08 PM »
As I understand, better to stop wasting time on that annoying quest and ritual, right?

Plotinus

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2023, 09:54:44 PM »
 the tile if you look at it with F3 should say base rock, not crag.

It doesn't work every time but if you try a few different ones, you should be able to get it in a few nights.

You can also ignore it if you find it annoying, this is the kind of game where you can do whatever you want and skip the parts you don't like.

alidamara

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2023, 10:11:49 PM »
It doesn't work for a ~10 times on a different locations with all requirements are done.
Confusing thing which waste lots of time...

Thanks a lot to all of you for your help!

anything