Topic: Do Plants Spoil?  (Read 3900 times)

rudy

« on: January 20, 2021, 02:16:20 AM »
I'm aware that turnips, e.g., vegetables and other roots can eventually spoil. Things under the "food" category.

I'm asking about unthreshed plants that are under the "Plants" category in your inventory. Do any of those ever spoil?

JP_Finn

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 05:01:04 AM »
I don’t think any of my character’s have gone through winter not running out of things to do. Including threshing thousands of plants. Maybe I’ll stash some in “experimental cellar” or shunt in a wall in the granary/woodshed/barn. Only have some sorrels and nettles non-threshed.

PALU

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 10:50:33 AM »
I've never seen it happen, but that isn't a proof.

rudy

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 03:22:22 PM »
I've gone ahead and left one of each plant I have just lying out on the ground. I'll check in periodically.

JP_Finn

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 05:33:49 AM »
If you haven’t, you might want to surround them with traps. So the wildlife doesn’t get to them. (If they even will eat the Plant variants?)

rudy

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 05:42:52 AM »
I don't think they do, but my entire settlement area is lined with traps regardless. Thanks, though.

Tom H

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2021, 08:59:02 PM »
I've got lake reed plants that have been in my cellar for 4 game years that are yet unspoiled. Likewise, I have threshed herbs that old that are unspoiled, too.

In fact, I've never had anything but meat, berries, flour, and skins that spoiled over time.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 09:14:54 PM by Tom H »

JP_Finn

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2021, 09:41:13 PM »
I've got lake reed plants that have been in my cellar for 4 game years that are yet unspoiled. Likewise, I have threshed herbs that old that are unspoiled, too.

In fact, I've never had anything but meat, berries, flour, and skins that spoiled over time.
+ mushrooms, fish, bread, prepared meals, boiled marsh calla roots, remains.

Tom H

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2021, 07:34:06 AM »

+ mushrooms, fish, bread, prepared meals, boiled marsh calla roots, remains.

Oh! Didn't I mention those? lol

anything