Topic: What's Going On In Your Unreal World?  (Read 200480 times)

mikestanley464

« Reply #165 on: March 07, 2021, 07:03:06 AM »
Not much at the moment.  I'm training my carpentry skills by making paddles from boards so that I can eventually start making my own arrows.  Mostly to not waste the feathers I get.  I may not have to make my own arrows though, if these robbers keep showing up to give me hand-axes instead.

JP_Finn

« Reply #166 on: March 07, 2021, 10:00:50 PM »
Not much at the moment.  I'm training my carpentry skills by making paddles from boards so that I can eventually start making my own arrows.  Mostly to not waste the feathers I get.  I may not have to make my own arrows though, if these robbers keep showing up to give me hand-axes instead.

If you set 4-5 sites with 3-4 Light lever traps each (can always also add paw board (fat or cut)and loop snare (turnip)at each site) baited with berries; you should have hundreds if not thousands of feathers every year.

Carpentry is sooo slow to improve, I boost it on character creation, just to avoid the tedious skill grind. 60s gives Fine with good success, 70s can give superior arrows even with decent cord and Fine knife.

Oli

« Reply #167 on: March 22, 2021, 07:57:43 AM »
I've been trying winter starts with the Hurt, Helpless and Afraid scenario and, after a few characters froze to death and one got boar'd, I've managed to get a character past the worst of winter. I started out far enough south that I was able to make a stone axe and a shovel before the ground was too frozen to dig. Trading my knife for a fishing rod kept me fed which I waited for my injuries to heal, and the stone knife works well enough for now. Recently my pit traps paid off and have bagged me a forest reindeer and a small elk which means I'm warm enough to step away from the fire and I've used to extra elk cuts to trade for a woodsman's axe. It was an important trade as the stone axe wouldn't cut it when it came to splitting boards to make skis. Just before I logged off I found the shelter of a wounded adventurer complete with the bear he warned me about and a bonus lynx prowling around, so hopefully the hastily assembled bear deadfall trap will pay off...

Tom H

« Reply #168 on: March 29, 2021, 05:43:15 PM »
One of my characters is nearly 19 and just found his first Masterwork Broadknife- in fact, he found TWO of them. Traveling from Kuikka lands down to Reemi lands, the only area he'd never been to, was very rewarding. His previous excursions were so exhausting that he'd just never gotten so far to the southeast.

Carrying a dozen furs, a handful of weapons, and 50 arrows for barter (and as it turned out, his Fine Northern knife and a linen shirt), he managed to trade for, at Masterwork quality, a broadaxe, a carving ax, the two broad knives, a small knife, and a shield. He also traded for a big boar (it just seemed like a must-buy!), a big dog, and a BIG BULL! In addition to the foot wrappings, for the coming cold, he bartered for enough dried and smoked fish and meat along the way to complete his trek. He'd found 37 Reemi villages and there was still a bit of their lands left to explore!

In the end, he returned home a week before winter with only 3 furs and none of the trade weapons left. His barn is looking pretty crowded with 5 dogs, 2 cattle, a deer, and a boar. All in all, the most successful trade trek I can recall.

Kels

« Reply #169 on: March 29, 2021, 11:45:20 PM »
My main character is settled in for the winter. He has a trap line that takes much of the daylight hours to run. It typically will yield a few predator furs per week. The rest of the time is spent tanning the fur and other basic crafting.

My second character is quite a bit more adventurous. His family homestead was burned in the "not all who wander are lost" scenario and is waging war on Njerp camps. He managed to wipe out a camp several days ago and is now focused on building a cabin and preparing for further raids. Once he has enough resources, he will take the fight to the larger towns.

Jephraim

« Reply #170 on: April 04, 2021, 06:47:56 PM »
I'm an expert at spears and so my hunting is always with javelins. I decided to practice my bow and arrow... it was real bad. I stood 5 tiles away from a trapped bird and couldn't hit it. :-[

« Reply #171 on: April 26, 2021, 07:34:03 AM »
im currently at 99 percent grandmaster in stealth and still i get fucked over by robbers and lost my long bow and spears. at the very least im so good that despite being extremely injured (70%). i think im going to go back to my olf hunting ground and just sit in my shelter waiting for bird to javalin

Ara D.

« Reply #172 on: April 30, 2021, 01:35:58 AM »
Popped up on a mountain top to look around 2 elk a njerp and one bear. Spoiled for choice. As it's a new character I'll go for red shirt, I need an axe.

« Reply #173 on: April 30, 2021, 06:32:56 AM »
during a trading trip while i was a huge weight pentalty i finally fucking killed some robbers take that you fuckers thats for my long bow!

« Reply #174 on: April 30, 2021, 07:41:28 AM »
and 20 mintues later on a hunting trip after i obtained a stack of broad head arrows as well as a master work long bow i still get fucked over by robbers... why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why. i dont want to deal with robbers anymore their just annoying at this point. im a fucking grand master in bows too my fucking god i hate this!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 07:43:06 AM by immortalartisan112 »

Ara D.

« Reply #175 on: April 30, 2021, 06:23:38 PM »
Here's a cheese for robbers drop everything, I mean everything mark the map talk to them and do as they ask, you dropped everything thing remember nothing to give them. Leave come back and get your things later

« Reply #176 on: May 01, 2021, 12:07:56 AM »
i did that if only i knew where that was.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 01:08:58 AM by immortalartisan112 »

« Reply #177 on: May 01, 2021, 01:16:00 AM »
Here's a cheese for robbers drop everything, I mean everything mark the map talk to them and do as they ask, you dropped everything thing remember nothing to give them. Leave come back and get your things later

i did this came back and almost all of my gear was gone seems they patched it out

JP_Finn

« Reply #178 on: May 01, 2021, 02:31:28 AM »
Drop your stuff on Wilderness map, mark it under F6. Go greet “adventurer” type.

Robbers will pick up goods on Zoom in view.

« Reply #179 on: May 01, 2021, 04:21:09 AM »
that doesnt work in this situation because it wont allow you to zoom out

anything