Topic: Animals for sale respawn  (Read 5272 times)

paulkorotoon

« on: October 24, 2020, 10:16:51 PM »
It would be nice if new animals for sale appear instead of ones you've bought, over time. I guess it may be implemented along with animals breeding, or even earlier.
Biggest Russian UrW fan

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 01:57:22 AM »
The animal stocks in villages do change over time. Sometimes there's more animals, some times they have less.
The changes are slow, I guess they need to be in heat, get inseminated, gestate, give birth ;)

Privateer

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 02:40:57 AM »
 From what I remember, I don't think animals "npcs" are refreshed or replaced in settlements/villages etc.

Though recent changes occurred with some animal 'npcs' I don't see any new information in news.txt to indicate a change in replacement.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 05:38:34 AM »
I might recall wrong. I’ve seen the animals numbers decrease.
But I pretty sure I’ve  got a dog from a village that earlier told me “we’ll keep our animals to ourselves” or something in those lines. (It’s possible the relationship improved and they then sold me one of those they earlier wanted to keep??)

Galgana

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 07:57:03 PM »
I've had a case where a village with three dogs had one of them for sale. I made a visit later on and was told none were available. At the time I only spotted a single dog in the village, which led me to believe the others had gotten eaten by wolves or something farther afield. But in another visit, the other dogs had returned within range and a different dog was for sale.

I get the idea that "queues" of buyable livestock may reshuffle from time to time and logic checks are made for whether an animal is in the tile for the village proper to be counted. If AI routines ever get implemented for taking village livestock to pasture, this may be an issue to address.

Privateer

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 10:21:07 PM »
I get the idea that "queues" of buyable livestock may reshuffle from time to time and logic checks are made for whether an animal is in the tile for the village proper to be counted. If AI routines ever get implemented for taking village livestock to pasture, this may be an issue to address.

I vaguely recall reading (so I assume it was from Sami), That "not all animals may be available for purchase at all times".
I think it was in reference to when dog sizes were allowed to be purchased specifically. So a pen with 1 small and 3 large dogs may only have a small dog for sale at a given moment.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2020, 05:58:46 PM »
It would be nice if new animals for sale appear instead of ones you've bought, over time. I guess it may be implemented along with animals breeding, or even earlier.

Maybe it comes along naturally at some point when animal breeding gets going for real. However, we really don’t know when that might be. At this point we don’t see a need to artificially add animal respawn, as what’s available in the whole game world should suffice for most.
- Sami | UnReal World creator