Topic: [3.62 - Steam] urw.exe has stopped working / problem event name: BEX  (Read 3970 times)

spnreptile

« on: June 12, 2020, 07:56:22 PM »
Hi,

Previous version that i played was 3.51 i think, had no problems. Some time  passed and wanted to play again, as latest version was on steam/itch only - bought it. I added BAC mod and changed few pictures.
The problem happens when i try to leave village/town. It happens when i try to leave by going to world map and when i just try to walk far away in region map (1 worldmap square around village is ok, but more will crash). It seems to happen at tribe villages, the region map feels slower/laggy. Tried the other culture villages few times, was fine and game speed was fine. In tribe village it happens about 8 times out of 10. Sometimes it happens when i load a save, about 1 out of 10. In random non village location it has happened 2 times in 5h gameplay.
Thought it might be the mod or my save. Made clean install and new character, same problem.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 04:13:45 PM by Sami »

ineedcords

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 08:13:41 PM »
Hi,

Previous version that i played was 3.51 i think, had no problems. Some time  passed and wanted to play again, as latest version was on steam/itch only - bought it. I added BAC mod and changed few pictures.
The problem happens when i try to leave village/town. It happens when i try to leave by going to world map and when i just try to walk far away in region map (1 worldmap square around village is ok, but more will crash). It seems to happen at tribe villages, the region map feels slower/laggy. Tried the other culture villages few times, was fine and game speed was fine. In tribe village it happens about 8 times out of 10. Sometimes it happens when i load a save, about 1 out of 10. In random non village location it has happened 2 times in 5h gameplay.
Thought it might be the mod or my save. Made clean install and new character, same problem.
hi,
no affiliation with the devs just a quick input which might help:
1. Is your Windows system fully updated? If not, simply installing all available system updates might get rid of this issue.
2. If updating your system does not help, have you tried adding a DEP exception?
https://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/39174-bex-error-post926600.html#post926600

Good luck!

edit: typo fix
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 12:44:13 AM by ineedcords »
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 06:52:13 PM »
This BEX thing is a mysterious troublemaker that Windows sometimes brings up. ineedcords already pointed out seemingly useful link but you can also do a little online search for the said error and see the results - and hopefully find a way to overcome it too. All in all, it's a system issue and there's unfortunately not much we can do on the game level to help you out.
Wishing you luck, and drop a note how it goes.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

spnreptile

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 08:13:28 PM »
Was busy with stuff and now got sick, so had time to check the forums  :-\
I managed to semi fix it, disabled desktop composition from compatibility for urw.exe - now it happens very rarely and randomly, meaning i wont get stuck and that´s fine for me.
I did try to DEP thing before it was pointed out here, but i googled it and did by the directions i found there. For some reason it didnt let me turn it off for urw, saying it can´t be run without it - so i gave up on that path.