Topic: What region does Unreal World take place in?  (Read 4568 times)

kreinafine2

« on: May 22, 2020, 08:03:02 PM »
Is there a particular area of Finland that UrW takes place in? I've tried finding it on the map and there's a few places that look roughly like the shape of the UrW map. Maybe the map is totally fictional but I figure there's a chance it's not since many elements of UrW are based on history.

JP_Finn

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 10:55:07 PM »
Finland or Fenno-Scandia. Bay of Finland is different direction. Scandinavian peninsula is omitted. Etc.

PALU

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 12:02:20 AM »
The map is generated, but with the same overall/general shape every time, and can be imagined as a distortion of the real deal. It sort of covers all of Finland with the different cultures, but the map itself covers a much smaller area (try to hike from south to north in a week with no roads in the real world...). All of the ocean is the Baltic Sea in general, so the northern part of the sea isn't the Arctic Ocean.

Alvarez

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 12:10:38 PM »
Is it historical or is it just based on some particular historical facts?

Hi,

URW is based on historical facts, it can't be called strictly historical. It is a fictional world based on Finland's fauna and wildlife.

Edit by moderation: deleted link
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 03:52:01 PM by JP_Finn »

Tom H

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2021, 07:37:57 PM »
Is the map supposed to be an accurate depiction of an area? Or, is it a depiction of what Iron Agers thought the world looked like?

JP_Finn

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2021, 09:59:59 PM »
According to Erkka, it’s pseudomap of possible perception.. the North Sea on the map isn’t Arctic (although the Tribes live on that side) the sea is meant to be Gulf of Bothnia.

In my perception, I see it as Arctic in the north, and Scandinavian peninsula as an island (not visible), Gulf of Bothnia in the west and bay of Finland in the south. Then the placement of islanders and driik, also Tribes and Sartolaiset(with their knives: Bothnians) make more sense.