Topic: [Fixed - persists in 3.61] Raft left on strategic map  (Read 6055 times)

Tom H

« on: February 24, 2020, 05:03:47 AM »
Upon returning to the campsite where I keep my raft, I have found it on the strategic map, only. In order to get to the tactical map I have to wield the paddle and move the raft out onto the river. THEN I can go to the tactical map and row back to shore with it. It has happened twice now.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 11:16:35 AM by Sami »

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 05:10:06 AM »
Can't you just pick it up on travel map?
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Labtop 215

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 06:55:25 AM »
Not anymore, they are now 1200 lbs.

Privateer

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 08:57:07 AM »
Not anymore, they are now 1200 lbs.

… That's just silly
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2020, 04:33:01 PM »
Upon returning to the campsite where I keep my raft, I have found it on the strategic map, only. In order to get to the tactical map I have to wield the paddle and move the raft out onto the river. THEN I can go to the tactical map and row back to shore with it. It has happened twice now.

I assume by strategic map you mean zoomed out, large scale map. And by tactical map the zoomed in, small scale map.

So the issue what has happened is the raft having magically teleported from zoomed-in level to zoomed-out level?

You could send a savegame, and also explain how did you return to the camp. From where, on what map level, etc. As I will try to reproduce the issue. Also, if you can find a pattern how the issue is reproduced that will help also. If it has happened twice already there's a good chance it will happen again.

- Sami | UnReal World creator

PALU

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2020, 05:16:45 PM »
Something you may want to look at: Auto zoom in on homestead entry. If your homestead has walls on a river/lake tile the issue in could possibly be triggered by that (I avoid building too close to water as you can't zoom in/out when on foot when there's no ice). May well be a red herring, though.

If it's the condition above, disabling auto zoom in will probably cause the issue to go away (i.e. for you).

Tom H

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2020, 06:53:30 PM »
The issue is exactly as you've described.

The same thing has occurred several times more. My settlement is four steps away on the large scale map. I believe the sequence is something like: walk to the shelter, directly from the settlement, on the large scale map. Go to the small scale map. Take and wield paddle, move on raft out to deep water and fish. Return to shore, drop paddle. Then return to settlement.

When I go back to the shelter on the large scale map, the raft is not where it was left on the small scale map. I find it upon returning to the large scale map. There I take and wield the paddle and move the raft onto the river, then go to the small scale map, where I move back to the shore.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=09715216556373284776

Tom H

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2020, 12:20:34 AM »
Something you may want to look at: Auto zoom in on homestead entry. If your homestead has walls on a river/lake tile the issue in could possibly be triggered by that (I avoid building too close to water as you can't zoom in/out when on foot when there's no ice). May well be a red herring, though.

If it's the condition above, disabling auto zoom in will probably cause the issue to go away (i.e. for you).

Like you, I build far enough from shore to avoid the problem of zooming in/out. This is not applicable to my present problem, but, thanks for the reply!

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2020, 10:48:26 AM »
The issue is exactly as you've described.

The same thing has occurred several times more. My settlement is four steps away on the large scale map. I believe the sequence is something like: walk to the shelter, directly from the settlement, on the large scale map. Go to the small scale map. Take and wield paddle, move on raft out to deep water and fish. Return to shore, drop paddle. Then return to settlement.

When I go back to the shelter on the large scale map, the raft is not where it was left on the small scale map. I find it upon returning to the large scale map. There I take and wield the paddle and move the raft onto the river, then go to the small scale map, where I move back to the shore.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=09715216556373284776

Okay, thanks for the additional info. I'll experiment with a save and try to follow the steps to get it reproduced.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2020, 06:20:46 PM »
I tried to reproduce for quite some time but it didn't happen.
There must be some steps that triggers the issue that we are missing.
Maybe it's about where to go on shore, where to zoom out or zoom in.
Considering game mechanics the raft teleportation can almost exclusively occur only during zoom in / zoom out.
But it's really hard to understand how it has happened in this case.
Tom, keep me updated if you can find a way to reproduce, or find any additional info.

Tom H

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2020, 06:29:09 PM »
Will do, Sami.  :)

Tom H

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2020, 07:53:16 PM »
So, naturally, I was able to reproduce it on the first attempt..lol. Here's the sequence I used:

1. Starting from standing in the shelter at my settlement I walked on the strategic map to the shelter on the river and dropped to the tactical map.
2. Moved to the raft, picked up the paddle, used 'A' to wield paddle, moved out straight east 16 moves into deep water and fished. The time was the small hours.
3. I fished until noon, catching not one damn fish!
5. Moved directly west, back to the shore. I dropped the paddle on the raft and moved to the strategic map while standing ON the raft.
6. I moved south to check the traps there, then returned to my settlement.
7. I picked up some food from my cellar and then a spent some time stealthily stalking a glutton that had come into view. Eventually, he took the bait on a deadfall and I skinned and butchered him.
8. Returned to the river shelter site on the strategic map and the raft was on the strategic map again. I saved again at this point if you want it.

PALU

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2020, 10:32:27 PM »
So, the tile you land the raft on isn't a river tile, as you can zoom out while standing on the raft without a paddle... A bit unusual, but not unheard of. Might be a clue.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2020, 09:52:14 AM »
So, naturally, I was able to reproduce it on the first attempt..lol. Here's the sequence I used:

1. Starting from standing in the shelter at my settlement I walked on the strategic map to the shelter on the river and dropped to the tactical map.
2. Moved to the raft, picked up the paddle, used 'A' to wield paddle, moved out straight east 16 moves into deep water and fished. The time was the small hours.
3. I fished until noon, catching not one damn fish!
5. Moved directly west, back to the shore. I dropped the paddle on the raft and moved to the strategic map while standing ON the raft.
6. I moved south to check the traps there, then returned to my settlement.
7. I picked up some food from my cellar and then a spent some time stealthily stalking a glutton that had come into view. Eventually, he took the bait on a deadfall and I skinned and butchered him.
8. Returned to the river shelter site on the strategic map and the raft was on the strategic map again. I saved again at this point if you want it.

Thanks, Tom!
And yay at this step:

as you move to strategic map, ie. press enter to zoom-out, the raft is transported with the character! So for some reason the game doesn't recognize having gotten on shore, and thinks the rafting needs to continue on zoomed-out map. So the issue is happily reproduced and now I'll move on to fix it....

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2020, 11:18:56 AM »
This is fixed now.
The issue is that if you zoom out right after getting on shore, still standing on the watercraft, the watercraft gets transported with the character.
To avoid the issue (until the next patch is out) take a step or two after getting on shore before zooming out.

Fixed - persists in 3.61.

anything