Topic: Start-of-the-year post  (Read 5244 times)

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« on: January 27, 2020, 08:30:41 PM »
2020, here we go! I hope everyone is doing alright.
For me, the last year started with a broken shoulder and the winter was pretty much over before I recovered up to healthy coding condition. This year starts better, with no serious injuries, and wrestling with bugs reported during my lengthened holiday season has been going on for a good while.
   The winter hasn't been much of a winter, though. We barely have snow, it's been a very few minus degree periods during the midwinter and the thin ice cover on the lakes lakes keep thawing and freezing. I've longed to go for skiing the whole winter, but that hasn't been possible. Bummer.
   But here we go, starting up a new year of game development. Minor bugfix updates to be expected first. Stay tuned.
And if you're up to sharing your own start of the year feelings feel free to drop a few lines. Cheers!
- Sami | UnReal World creator

JEB Davis

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 01:33:13 AM »
  We're having a similar winter here in Michigan. It didn't really freeze until well into December and we're still having most days with high temperatures above freezing and nightly lows only just below freezing. Not much snow either.
  I'm working on clearing the invasive Asian Bittersweet vines from my property... a Herculean job I can only do in the winter because I seem to be allergic to them during the growing seasons.
  Oh, and your Ugri Archer videos inspired me to take up archery starting about 3 months ago! Using my father's bow made for him in the 1950's which is still in very good condition. I'm really enjoying target shooting in my barn, which is a 17 yard distance, and I manage to average 60-70% hits on a letter-size paper, shooting 48 arrows 2-4 times per week.
  Would it be a bother if I emailed you occasionally about archery?

Privateer

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 02:24:45 AM »
I'm really enjoying target shooting in my barn, which is a 17 yard distance, and I manage to average 60-70% hits on a letter-size paper, shooting 48 arrows 2-4 times per week.

Remember you can only gain 3 skill points per day :D

Seriously though, that's awesome. To bad it can't be used against the dreaded plant.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 10:52:00 AM »
  We're having a similar winter here in Michigan. It didn't really freeze until well into December and we're still having most days with high temperatures above freezing and nightly lows only just below freezing. Not much snow either.
  I'm working on clearing the invasive Asian Bittersweet vines from my property... a Herculean job I can only do in the winter because I seem to be allergic to them during the growing seasons.
  Oh, and your Ugri Archer videos inspired me to take up archery starting about 3 months ago! Using my father's bow made for him in the 1950's which is still in very good condition. I'm really enjoying target shooting in my barn, which is a 17 yard distance, and I manage to average 60-70% hits on a letter-size paper, shooting 48 arrows 2-4 times per week.
  Would it be a bother if I emailed you occasionally about archery?

Alright! Nice to hear peoples thoughts and things.

I wouldn't be bothered at all to talk about archery (too) by e-mail. I do occasional trad.archery instruction anyway, so remote talks is just an extension of that.  Nice to hear that Ugri Archer videos can be an inspiration.
- Sami | UnReal World creator