Topic: Character Portraits  (Read 5325 times)

Xrazlyn

« on: November 05, 2019, 06:26:45 PM »
I know it wouldn't necessarily be a "mod" per se, but have members of the community ever considered compiling a collection of character portraits that can be open-sourced for use by the community?

Thoughts?

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 06:32:06 PM »
I have 'added' several portraits for my own play, but do not have rights 'copywrites' to distribute them.
I think I recall the existing may have been donated by roleplay players.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Xrazlyn

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 12:54:33 AM »
I am sure there are some LARPers and/or Cosplayers from the community who might be interested in providing his or her own photos for use. (Getting permissions, etc. is also likely relatively easy.)

JEB Davis

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 03:08:04 AM »
Sami has requested folks to contribute new character pictures in the past.
I believe the intent was to include them in the game, but there wasn't much response back then.
If you have connections to the people you mentioned, I think you should go for it!

Dmytro Ankudinov

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 10:25:00 AM »
I was one of the folks that had answered to Sami's call back then. I submitted several pictures and voila! ended up as a playable character. I'm the guy in the green linen shirt.  :)

I had an idea about making several Njerpez pictures - Sami requested eastern european/russian-looking guys, so I considered I could make several pictures of the people that satisfied Sami's request, especially after I put my red linen shirt on them! See attached one such photo. I never came back to Sami with these potential Njerp pictures, but it may be of some interest to you. :)

anything