Topic: Fish for credit.  (Read 3295 times)

d2shr6o8av

« on: September 20, 2019, 05:42:28 PM »
Currently the following quests will reward you with # of furs of credit to purchase village wares:

Gather stones.
Gather branches.
Find the lost sheep. (not sure)

Since there's already a credit system it would be nice if it was extended to trading.
I think the easiest implementation would be to add another dialogue option as
Trade Items > Get Credit for Items.
For this option you can only give items for credit, so you would select what you want to give and after confirming the selection the villager tells you that for those items you will be given # of x furs in credit.

Using credit would remain as is.

In my current game I'm stuck with no axe to buy from the 2 island villages I can reach. So getting credit for my extra fish would be nice for when the village has things that I want to buy (an axe).
Hoarder of hungry dogs.

Plotinus

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 07:38:20 PM »
when i was in a similar situation, i traded fresh roasted fish for anything they had: smoked fish, dried fish, leather ropes. eventually, i could trade things for an axe. they restock once a week but only when you're not looking, so spend some time away from them while you are fishing, or visit one on even weeks and the other on odd weeks

d2shr6o8av

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 07:54:28 PM »
they restock once a week but only when you're not looking, so spend some time away from them while you are fishing, or visit one on even weeks and the other on odd weeks

This was my mistake as I was staying close to smoke my fish cuts (BAC mod).

Just found an adventurer and he was never heard from again... I magically have a handaxe now, thank you axe spirit!

i traded fresh roasted fish for anything they had: smoked fish, dried fish, leather ropes.
That's pretty much what I did in the village I stayed in.
As soon as I had to pick an island village (spring start and ice melting making it suicidal to swim in early spring to island hop by swimming) to be my temporary home I sold my mail mittens and it paid for everything the lucky village had.
Hoarder of hungry dogs.