Topic: Eternal flame 3.52  (Read 4649 times)

Ara D.

« on: September 20, 2019, 01:54:33 AM »
I often start small branch and twig fires to roast meat without fear of burning the meat. We'll some times if I start them just outside a village they will burn like I threw a tree trunk on them.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 09:25:56 PM by Sami »

Plotinus

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 07:32:45 AM »
Are the villagers relighting them or are they starting out big?

Ara D.

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 08:50:15 PM »
Magical Finnish fire spirits are my first guest but it may be villagers. It most often happens when I make a twig fire spam alt+c to roast all my meat and then go to sleep while it finishes cooking (like an iron age Crock-Pot) and when I wake up the fire is still there and meat is burnt

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2019, 05:02:34 PM »
It might be the villagers. Try it out in the wilderness, in the same fashion, see if it happens there as well. If not, then it's probably the villagers. However, this probably should be reasoned so that villagers wouldn't bother about feeding fires outside the village area.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Ara D.

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 06:46:24 PM »
I've never had issues other than within sight of villages, and I mean sight like right outside of villages where you can see their foot prints. It's interesting that the villagers might be adding to the fires. I wonder what's going on in their villager mind

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 08:08:24 PM »
I've never had issues other than within sight of villages, and I mean sight like right outside of villages where you can see their foot prints. It's interesting that the villagers might be adding to the fires. I wonder what's going on in their villager mind

Ok. I'll check. Villagers simply think "We've had fire burning there, it must be of importance, I'll go check if it's gone out and light it again if necessary."
- Sami | UnReal World creator