Topic: [Graphics] Indoor spaces built on rock don't display the correct graphics  (Read 4402 times)

Saukko

« on: May 12, 2019, 04:22:01 PM »
I built a house on rocky terrain and noticed that the game does not display the correct indoor graphics. Instead, it shows the rocky ground graphic, and if it's been snowing, it shows the snow-covered terrain graphic. There's an entry in the list of known bugs that says "Inside of building don't display correctly on rocky terrain during snowing" - I'm not sure if this is the same thing, since this bug happens whatever it is snowing or not (i.e. the rocky ground graphic always shown). The house was originally built when it was snowing (and the indoors showed the snowy ground graphic even after building the roof/floor, except on those tiles that had some other terrain type), and when the summer came and snow melted, it had the usual rocky ground graphic - and now when the winter is coming and it snows, it again shows the snowy ground graphic indoors. EDIT: during the summer I deconstructed one of the inside tiles and rebuilt it, trying to find out whether this had any effect on the graphics - it still showed the rocky ground graphic, and now the snowy ground, so it seems to be related to rocky ground in general.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 05:06:22 PM by Saukko »

Tinker

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 04:46:49 PM »
I can confirm this does happen with rocky ground, looking at the spot does say it is inside a building and other floor tiles with different ground work as expected. Not sure about snow as I am currently in midsummer

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 05:22:51 PM »
Yeah, this needs tweaking.

Actually the cottages of the era only have earthen floor, and the "ground" tile is there only to indicate that something (ceiling) has been built at the location, and that this is rain-proof location etc.
With introduction of new ground foundations (crags, base rock etc.) they overruled the way ceiling/floor tile is handled.
In perfect unreal world, to reflect how the construction really is done, it should be so that base rock or crags or whatever ground there is is actually what the floor looks like.
And of course, in sensible unreal world people wouldn't really want their floors to be cold, hard rock.

Well, since these things are s possible, it requires a bit more thinking from my behalf than just mere tile adjustments.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

PALU

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 06:55:56 PM »
If you were to make your home in a cave I assume you'd either build a wooden floor (which probably doesn't match how things were done in reality), or just use "carpets", i.e. hides, which I think have been used by cultures using mobile structures (yurts, kotas, tipis, etc.).

Ara D.

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 08:02:51 PM »
Ah but on the other side of Rocky floors if it's an earthen floor then we could dig cellars inside and have roofs over them

anything