Topic: Cave visibility  (Read 4476 times)

Ara D.

« on: February 01, 2019, 04:14:58 AM »
Was working with on turning a cave into a shelter had a decent area lit by natural light. I added some wooden walls and a door built one floor ceiling tile and the cave went to zero tile visibility. I deconstructed the walls door and ceiling, poor visibility persisted.

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 05:28:42 AM »
Not sure it's a bug.
1) Much of most caves are in darkness.
2) Usually the best spot for a door ends up being a tile labeled "surface of the earth" or something. This tile allows light over about the front 6 tiles of the cave or so.
3) Building a door limits the light that gets in to about 2 tiles. Dismantling the door does not reset the tile to "surface of the earth" if I recall.
4) You need to build floor/ceiling on the whole floor, then the whole area will be visible like inside a building.

What do I do now that I've built the door?
I Usually make a big fire and build as many floor/ceilings around the illuminated area while the fire "light" burns. You can also use torches to light up so you can start tasks.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Ara D.

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 12:19:39 PM »
 Wait are you saying that if I floor the whole cave  it will have normal inside visibility like a cabin with no shutter walls? I had no idea. That just made cave dwelling allot more appealing.

Privateer

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 07:46:48 PM »
Wait are you saying that if I floor the whole cave  it will have normal inside visibility like a cabin with no shutter walls? I had no idea. That just made cave dwelling allot more appealing.

Yes, caves are one of my favorite homes
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 08:49:46 PM by Privateer »
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

anything