Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 336804 times)

Brygun

« Reply #765 on: March 11, 2021, 12:21:21 AM »
Update

Fix for pliers > tongs in spectacle helm

flibbo

« Reply #766 on: March 29, 2021, 01:45:45 PM »
First of all thanks for this mod (collection) Brygun.

I was a little stumped yesterday when I tried out the weaving. Still had some flax fibres lying around from caethan's (?) self-sufficiency mod which I used before this one and I used your weaving crafts from this mod on that - I don't think this should have broken anything, only the ingredients would have been different, your recipes shouldn't work any different.

Anyway, I spun some yarn, which gave me 15ft of flax yarn for each iteration of the recipe, then used those to make cloth, which yielded 0.5lbs of cloth per iteration. First thing that I noticed was that it disregards the length of the yarn completely, it accepts 1ft or 15ft of yarn (and ofc presumably all other lengths) and yields the same amount of cloth regardless. Also, even if assuming one is supposed to use the amount that one use of the spinning recipe yields (15ft), the processing yarn -> cloth still seems extremely generous. I'm no weaving expert, though I have actually used a loom IRL before, but it seems to me that 15ft of yarn would only give you a pretty small piece of cloth.
Next thing I did was use two units of this cloth (1lb) to make a bag - again, this seems very generous, so either these bags are really small (esp. considering that for example a tunic needs about 7lbs of cloth?) or my perception is way off somehow. I always thought of bags in this game to be bigger than that, like actual sacks full of grain / flour you'd see in a warehouse.

Could you perhaps clarify if the resource usage here is intended the way it is?

Brygun

« Reply #767 on: March 29, 2021, 11:24:08 PM »
on the amount of yarn

The source mod and the current adaption are from before we had cord lengths. So it was a count of "yarn" that its only weight and only length.

Looks like that one is a gap where you can make shorter lengths and since it has the same name it doesn't see the length.

It would have been the original 15 ft as shortening wasn't an option. I moved some recipes to weight.

>>>>

On the bag...

Bag being a vanilla item I would have tried to match its resource consumption to what Saami had. This was to keep the game balance.

As to the bag capacity that is again based on the vanilla.

For new items, like the clay amphora, I tried my best to match final weight and capacities to my limited resources for research. IIRC the very largest amphora is based on finds from Roman/Greek vessels. It was bloody huge compared to many things you would want to do in UrW so I made the smaller ones as more manageable for this game.

boomerang910

« Reply #768 on: March 30, 2021, 10:27:18 AM »
Hey, just popping in to say that you rock a bunch, and that it's awesome to see you keeping up with the mod. You're the hero we don't deserve. Cheers.

Brygun

« Reply #769 on: March 30, 2021, 07:31:56 PM »
Hey, just popping in to say that you rock a bunch, and that it's awesome to see you keeping up with the mod. You're the hero we don't deserve. Cheers.

Well I'm blushing.

BAC is more a League of Extraordinary Modders... but NASA already has some sort of LEM thing so that name was taken.  ;)

flibbo

« Reply #770 on: March 31, 2021, 05:00:17 PM »
Just noticed that crafting the "furniture section" under Carpentry causes a crash to desktop when finished. Tried it again, it's reproducible.
I just have BAC and the enhanced in-game encyclopedia mod installed.

Privateer

« Reply #771 on: March 31, 2021, 05:25:10 PM »
Just noticed that crafting the "furniture section" under Carpentry causes a crash to desktop when finished. Tried it again, it's reproducible.
I just have BAC and the enhanced in-game encyclopedia mod installed.

Are you using Extended Encyclopedia addon v1.3?
        What item did you make?

Odds are that there is a bad/typo %POP% image for the item in the EE.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Brygun

« Reply #772 on: March 31, 2021, 09:03:54 PM »
@flibbo If you could try an isolation test without the encyclopedia that would confirm Privateer's theory.

I don't recall a recipe crashing the game. A failed recipe might come out with no graphic or wrong properties. I don't run the EE on my own game though it has my support and encouragement.

Still I'll go check.

I believe you selected the "furniture section" which is meant to just be a text placeholder not something to be built.

Nope... furniture section is an assembly of well prepared working as a middle step in large constructs. It leads to a few different big projects.

I have made those in my EE free game.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 09:08:21 PM by Brygun »

StudleyKansas

« Reply #773 on: April 01, 2021, 03:05:54 AM »
Thanks Brygun and everyone else who contributed to the BAC mod, I'm really enjoying it!  Is this the right place to submit bugs?  I've noticed when crafting half logs, the game accepts the short quarter logs already lying there instead of choosing the full, uncut log, meaning I'm consuming a short quarter log to produce two half logs, so it's kind of an exploit.  I was cutting up a bunch of short quarter logs in preparation for unfinished bow crafting to train carpentry when I realized I should've ran out of logs a long time ago, that's when I saw that apparently anything with the word "log" in the title qualifies as a log.

flibbo

« Reply #774 on: April 01, 2021, 06:20:32 PM »
@flibbo If you could try an isolation test without the encyclopedia that would confirm Privateer's theory.

I don't recall a recipe crashing the game. A failed recipe might come out with no graphic or wrong properties. I don't run the EE on my own game though it has my support and encouragement.

Still I'll go check.

I believe you selected the "furniture section" which is meant to just be a text placeholder not something to be built.

Nope... furniture section is an assembly of well prepared working as a middle step in large constructs. It leads to a few different big projects.

I have made those in my EE free game.

OK I removed the extended encyclopedia mod and tried again, but it still crashes on me. Not sure what else could be the cause if you say it works for you

Brygun

« Reply #775 on: April 01, 2021, 06:43:55 PM »

OK I removed the extended encyclopedia mod and tried again, but it still crashes on me. Not sure what else could be the cause if you say it works for you

Next debug:
Try a fresh download the BAC.
Eliminate any old recipe issue.

"Sanded Boards" are involved and those take a while but if we have to we can always switch the feeding parts recipes to just {Rock} to spawn enough for a test

Brygun

« Reply #776 on: April 01, 2021, 06:45:32 PM »
  I've noticed when crafting half logs, the game accepts the short quarter logs already lying there instead of choosing the full, uncut log,

Known issue. Havent figured out a better solution.

UrW recipes use a "base object" to outline their internal data structure. Thus there is always a chance that if a recipe calls for "base object" the new item might be grabbed. Happens with the distaff for weaving too.

flibbo

« Reply #777 on: April 01, 2021, 07:42:18 PM »
Next debug:
Try a fresh download the BAC.
Eliminate any old recipe issue.

"Sanded Boards" are involved and those take a while but if we have to we can always switch the feeding parts recipes to just {Rock} to spawn enough for a test

I uninstalled, deleted the remaining folder, re-installed from steam, copied my save backup back, then re-downloaded BAC and installed - no success though, it still crashes.

Brygun

« Reply #778 on: April 01, 2021, 07:48:26 PM »
 :o

Ill see if i can reproduce

Brygun

« Reply #779 on: April 01, 2021, 07:57:54 PM »
Did not reproduce

Using character Novrus using {Rock} only as a stand in to speed make some Sanded Boards then used the furniture section with the current recipe.

anything