Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 336776 times)

Knyght

« Reply #735 on: February 01, 2021, 09:54:07 AM »
I tried a bit more but couldn't get it working still. I guess I will try again in a week or so when I have my windows machine again.

abbo1993

« Reply #736 on: February 08, 2021, 12:19:33 AM »
Hello, does anyone know how to craft a water skin with the mod? I can't seem to find it in the crafting menu.

Brygun

« Reply #737 on: February 10, 2021, 06:09:31 PM »
Straight up, simple to fix, bug:

In the .Make Lamellar. recipe, under armors, the Steel Billet ingredient is missing the [patchwise] tag.

in for next update.

Brygun

« Reply #738 on: February 10, 2021, 06:17:02 PM »

The recipes for extracting fibre from Birch-Bark and spruce saplings (but not Rowan Bark), in the Barkware module, all have the base ingredient with a noquality tag, allowing them to be made fine. The recipes for extracting fibre from dried retted plants on the other hand, in the Weaving Module, don't, not allowing fibre of better quality than the dried retted plant, which is a noquality ingredient.

Philosphical debate. The drying the retted plants is tied to a skill so you can make fine quality but initially might not do that production step right. Is the retting something that can go wrong?
If you don't think so then add in the no quality tags and maybe change the skill from agriculture to common.
If retting can mistreat the source material than retting can give fine <> poor results and its quality influence is needed, as in the current recipe.

Ive been listening though not sufficiently swayed to change the distributed recipe. One can edit the mod locallly though do keep a backup of your edit as latter updates might restore to vanilla.

Brygun

« Reply #739 on: February 10, 2021, 06:18:11 PM »
I seem to be having problems installing this on OSX (Catalina). I copy the files into the directory, replacing all, and the game crashes. I tried running from the ter

Hope it works out for you. Let us know if you find a way. Im not familiar with nor able to test nor supporting alternate operating systems. You do have my hopes with you.

Brygun

« Reply #740 on: February 10, 2021, 06:18:51 PM »
Hello, does anyone know how to craft a water skin with the mod? I can't seem to find it in the crafting menu.

Lemme check if I missed it.

My characters normally use a bowl or cup for a water carrier so I could easily not notice.

Brygun

« Reply #741 on: February 10, 2021, 06:39:08 PM »
Update.

Lamellar fix in.

I have to head out so havent checked for the water skin. Remind me later of that.

abbo1993

« Reply #742 on: February 12, 2021, 11:39:05 AM »
I think that the skin was removed from the mod despite the fact that its mentioned in the enciclopedia.

Brygun

« Reply #743 on: February 12, 2021, 04:34:08 PM »
I think that the skin was removed from the mod despite the fact that its mentioned in the enciclopedia.

Wasn't meant to be removed.

Ill see about putting it back in.

Brygun

« Reply #744 on: February 12, 2021, 04:47:47 PM »
Update

Skin, the one for carrying water, is back in under hideworking. The utility menu was full and a skin is closer to hideworking than other menu items were for moving

abbo1993

« Reply #745 on: February 26, 2021, 07:23:04 PM »
I kinda feel stupid asking this but how do you build a tarp shelter?

scb

« Reply #746 on: February 27, 2021, 02:00:40 PM »
Ok, played 100+ hours through the game with this mod and here are a few bugs and possible exploits i encountered:
1 - short quarter logs count as logs in building.
2 - spindle and distaff count as staves (or small trunks don't remember) and might be accidentally used in crafting.
3 - all the recipes requiring pliers dont't work with tongs.
4 - none of the recipes allowing "iron or steel billet" accept steel, only iron.
5 - kebab sticks are too efficient in levelling carpentry - everything else is excruciatingly inefficient (compared to hideworking, timbercraft, cookery and farming at least)
I managed to craft a full set of lamellar armor over the span of 1,5 years, and barely got 5-10 points in crafting.
Maybe consider increasing levelling efficiency on arrows, arrow shafts, wooden figurines, iron and lamellar. This way players will level up by doing the things they wanted to do anyway instead of having to craft a trimaran fleet worth of paddles.
6 - maybe think about adding an indoor uncooled cellar, or find a way to hide the inevitable heaps of stuff behind a sprite in your home base.
p/s sorry for my bad english

scb

« Reply #747 on: February 27, 2021, 02:05:54 PM »
I kinda feel stupid asking this but how do you build a tarp shelter?
It is disabled by default. boff_biy_BAC_Tarp_shelter.txt in the game folder has the instructions. It can be made available without starting a new game.

abbo1993

« Reply #748 on: February 27, 2021, 02:51:57 PM »
So you can't have the normal shelter and the tarp shelter at the same time? kind of a bummer I guess but no big deal.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 27, 2021, 04:17:53 PM »
Only one type of shelter can be active at a given time. The game itself doesn’t recognize more than one type. (Spruce-leanto, punt on stakes, tarp, et cetera)