Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 336797 times)

abbo1993

« Reply #750 on: February 27, 2021, 05:19:30 PM »
Can't they be added as new buildings altogether?

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: February 27, 2021, 07:30:32 PM »
The game doesn’t support multiple varied types of shelter.
Just one, which can be modded to different, not additional, style.

Brygun

« Reply #752 on: February 28, 2021, 10:04:12 PM »
Only one type of shelter can be active at a given time. The game itself doesn’t recognize more than one type. (Spruce-leanto, punt on stakes, tarp, et cetera)

Correct the core logic of Unreal World is only one active recipe for any output. So to change to a different recipe, like the tarp shelter, you must turn off the original. If you dismantle them you do get whatever parts you used to make them. Its in the creation step that this is needed.

The same is true for various ways of making "water" like a well or rain catching barrel. Only can be an active build item at a time.

There is some safety in knowing that if you change over how to build the existing things are unaffected. Shelters and water that are on the map will still be there.

Brygun

« Reply #753 on: February 28, 2021, 10:11:22 PM »

Ok, played 100+ hours through the game with this mod and here are a few bugs and possible exploits i encountered:

Thanks for the feedback. Ill go through some immediate items:

1 - short quarter logs count as logs in building.
2 - spindle and distaff count as staves (or small trunks don't remember) and might be accidentally used in crafting.

Correct and its a bit of an issue with how the base game requires us to access some sort of base object for our own recipes. Sometimes those base items are called for and nearby items, based on that base, will be taken.

Which is also to say known issue and not aware of a viable alternative to implement.

3 - all the recipes requiring pliers dont't work with tongs.

Pliers are meant to be a stronger tool than tongs. Its also a case that we can't do "OR" statements in recipes. AFAIK the ones with pliers are meant to be higher level recipes than those of tongs.

Vague recollection of thinking of tongs as the wooden initial ones to make metal pliers with but that is an old foggy memory.

4 - none of the recipes allowing "iron or steel billet" accept steel, only iron.

Can you recall which ones?

5 - kebab sticks are too efficient in levelling carpentry - everything else is excruciatingly inefficient (compared to hideworking, timbercraft, cookery and farming at least)
I managed to craft a full set of lamellar armor over the span of 1,5 years, and barely got 5-10 points in crafting.
Maybe consider increasing levelling efficiency on arrows, arrow shafts, wooden figurines, iron and lamellar. This way players will level up by doing the things they wanted to do anyway instead of having to craft a trimaran fleet worth of paddles.

Ill consider looking at the skill gain values.

6 - maybe think about adding an indoor uncooled cellar, or find a way to hide the inevitable heaps of stuff behind a sprite in your home base.

Cellar is a base game function that is outdoor. Sorry nothing I can do make an indoor one.

There is though a wooden shelf and wooden chest you can make which are big graphics that are decent at mostly hiding the piles of stuff.

p/s sorry for my bad english

You did fine. Im sure I speak and type your language much worse than you did english.

scb

« Reply #754 on: March 01, 2021, 08:21:18 PM »
Pliers are meant to be a stronger tool than tongs. Its also a case that we can't do "OR" statements in recipes. AFAIK the ones with pliers are meant to be higher level recipes than those of tongs.
then pliers are completely absent diy_bac_toolmaking has a comment //pliers followed by the tongs recipe,
diy_bac_armorgroupone has the recipes using them and text search returns no results apart from that.
Can you recall which ones?
shovel blade and arrowheads

Brygun

« Reply #755 on: March 01, 2021, 10:10:31 PM »
For next update

All calls for pliers changed to tongs

In real life when doing armoring I was using modern pliers with their spring locks. Thus had started using the name "pliers". Looking over things I realized, and only partially implemented, that spring lock pliers were not likely in this period but "tongs" were.

Brygun

« Reply #756 on: March 01, 2021, 10:13:25 PM »
For next update

"or steel" removed from billet calls on various "iron XXX" recipes like shovel, arrowheads and fishhook. Likely a copy paste left over.

Brygun

« Reply #757 on: March 01, 2021, 10:25:57 PM »
For next update

Review of skill gain rates as discussed above

Kebab sticks lowered as they are too simple

Many armorgroupone steps shifted to +1
Making lameller lamellar pieces at +2
Making the actual lamellar armor now +1
Dismounting lamellar doesn't help your skill as much though there is the study of how it was made so |0|

Also reviewed carpentry files
Things with long build times given +1 or +2
"simple" things like stools not given the plus as a thing a moderate carpenter is supposed to make
Some are given |0| which is the game's normal rate to show that I did look at it and made that decision

Brygun

« Reply #758 on: March 01, 2021, 10:28:03 PM »
Update the above entries such as

= Pliers properly removed for period tongs
= "or steel" text removed from iron arrowheads, fishhooks and shovel heads
= Skill gain changes for carpentry, kebab sticks and armor
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 10:29:53 PM by Brygun »

scb

« Reply #759 on: March 02, 2021, 06:20:09 PM »
 :) keep up the good work

abbo1993

« Reply #760 on: March 07, 2021, 12:21:16 PM »
Finally managed to craft a masterwork quality knife, I created a cheated character with max skills and stat and still I couldn't craft anything better than fine quality (most of the time it was decent), does the mod change what affect item quality from crafting?

abbo1993

« Reply #761 on: March 09, 2021, 07:39:44 PM »
I think I found a bug, I'm trying to craft a lamellar cuirass and it takes 75 lamellar pieces, I've the lamellar pieces of perfect quality but it doesn't let me use them as crafting material.

Privateer

« Reply #762 on: March 09, 2021, 07:57:50 PM »
I think I found a bug, I'm trying to craft a lamellar cuirass and it takes 75 lamellar pieces, I've the lamellar pieces of perfect quality but it doesn't let me use them as crafting material.

The 'task' Lamellar Cuirass in file "diy_BAC_Armor_group_one.txt"
Code: [Select]
.Lamellar Cuirass. "Lamellar Cuirass" *HIDEWORKING* [effort:1] [phys:hands] %-30% /240/ |-1|
{Lamellar Piece} (75) [remove]
{*cord} #1.5# [remove]
{Knife}

Seems to be missing a wild card that bounding recipes have:
Code: [Select]
{*Lamellar Piece}
I believe this is the problem you are seeing and making that change will resolve it for you.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Brygun

« Reply #763 on: March 09, 2021, 08:11:25 PM »
Update

Fix for *Lamellar as superbly reported by Privateer

It helps a great deal when reports include which file is affected. Makes it real quick for me to make the changes.

abbo1993

« Reply #764 on: March 10, 2021, 12:39:47 AM »
I was trying to craft an helmet and it asks for pliers, reading a few page before I found out that recipe requiring pliers should work with tongs too. I've got the tongs but I still can't craft the elmet

Spectacle helm
.Iron spectacle helm. *CARPENTRY* %-60% /8h/ [effort:3] [phys:hands, arms] |2|
{Steel dome} [remove] [ground] '+for initial frame'
{*steel billet} #2# [remove] '+add curved plates'
{Iron nails} #0.25# [remove] '+as rivets'
{Leather} #0.25# [remove] '+as suspension and head band'
{Ball iron hammer} '+needs advanced hammer for complex shapes'
{Pliers} '+to hold while hammering at odd angles'
{*anvil*} [ground] '+to hammer on'
{Medieval drill} [ground] '+to drill rivet holes'

anything