Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 336688 times)

santur_bard

« Reply #225 on: February 19, 2019, 08:19:19 PM »
Thanks for the rod update, finding the whole birch bark build area quite involved but getting my head around it, keep up the great work, enjoying the world building through crafting!  ;D

Brygun

« Reply #226 on: February 20, 2019, 03:39:06 AM »
Thanks.

Keep in mind that birch-bark includes one of the "punt" options based on the birch bark canoes here in Canada.

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #227 on: February 21, 2019, 03:23:31 AM »
Reread the recent question on the birch shortbow. Now realize it was that the old 'comment' was there. Changed it to:

'Birch cut to a short quarter log'
Just another quick foible -

The recipe for "Two-wood Longbow" still uses the old nomenclature of the Buoidda mod, "Split birch trunk".  Again, the actual item required is "Short quarter log".  Might want to edit this for more clarity. 

Brygun

« Reply #228 on: February 21, 2019, 11:52:06 PM »
Update

minor

text fix for bowying as Dungeon Smash discovered.

One wonders if he is a cousin of Goblin Slayer.

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #229 on: February 22, 2019, 05:49:30 PM »
In spirit, perhaps ;)

Draxis

« Reply #230 on: March 12, 2019, 07:15:53 PM »
Loving the mod! I’m trying a survival play through with the rule I need to craft or salvage all weapons right now. Foods a big issue since I have only stone tools and they are slow. One quick question - does the net recipe work? I got split spruce twigs and it says it doesn’t work as a valid input for the net. I think it’s something related to the tying equipment tag, but I’m not sure. Fiber from birch bark didn’t seem to work either. For reference, I’m on v47

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #231 on: March 12, 2019, 08:47:26 PM »
Net recipe requires "cord", possibly to prevent using things like split twigs.  You can make cords out of fibres from bark (birchbark or other)

Draxis

« Reply #232 on: March 12, 2019, 09:06:09 PM »
Okay, I’ll give it a shot. It said that split spruce twigs use cords at a base reference item so i thought it would work.

Edit: Yeah. The net recipe didn't work. I think that there is something wrong with the tying equipment tag because it wouldn't let me use fiber or cords either. I wasn't able to make cords from the split spruce twigs either. I ended up fixing the recipe by using a fiber tag instead which I copied from another entry. Probably want to take a look at that.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 11:54:36 PM by Draxis »

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #233 on: March 13, 2019, 02:13:59 AM »
Ah I see the issue, the old Net recipe used {*cord}, at some point the modding architecture changed and now it should be {Cord}.  I think...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 02:17:15 AM by Dungeon Smash »

Teellox

« Reply #234 on: March 13, 2019, 11:15:40 AM »
First time on the forums, and just wanted to say a huge thank you for BAC! I got into URW recently and BAC has really fleshed it out for me. Thank you all for such incredible work!

Teellox

« Reply #235 on: March 16, 2019, 10:54:50 AM »
Just reporting in a bug with obtaining backstraps. I have a "largely cut small elk carcass (skinned)", but the recipe (in boneworking) refuses to accept it. I expect this is because it calls for '*elk * carcass', which means there always must be two spaces (along with an optional word) between 'elk' and 'carcass', due to there being a space on either side of the second wildcard.

Changing the recipe to use '*elk* carcass*' causes it to process fine.

Stag and Reindeer appear to have the same behaviour.

Thanks again for an awesome mod!

~ T

Teellox

« Reply #236 on: March 18, 2019, 01:47:52 AM »
Reporting in another bug! In cookery_glossary.txt the baked whole fish recipe, pea soup, vegie soup, and possibly other recipes have no cooking time, resulting in them being ready immediately at the end of the preparation stage. Adding \60\ (or another appropriate time) should fix this.

Many thanks again!

~ T

Brygun

« Reply #237 on: March 20, 2019, 04:59:52 PM »
Checking in and see there are things to look into.

Will get back to you all soon(tm)

Brygun

« Reply #238 on: March 20, 2019, 05:09:06 PM »
1) As BAC has grown to be quite large and uses file management methods when reporting it will help debug if you can mention which of the files you think the error relates too. Coming back after a while its a delay when I try to figure which_is_it.txt file that needs the check.

2) I wonder if the Net issue is the capital E on Tying Equipment.... need to check/test

3) to do... backstrap issue

4) to do... cooking issue

Brygun

« Reply #239 on: March 20, 2019, 06:05:39 PM »
on Net
Checking other diy_BAC it likely was the capital E on Tying Equipment. Will include that fix in the next upload. Havent tested it myself.

on backstrap
Guess that space to the * would be confusing to the text editor. Adjusting to the suggestion seems reasonable.

on Cooking
Debating. There are 2 time commands available with the /#Active/ being time the character is involved and all recipes seem to have that. The other time is marked with the other slashes as \#Unavailable\. This is the unavailable time that an object exists but can't be interacted with. On checking the files and how they were written I can see in at least some cases there is the logic that after the time interacting, /#Active/, that it would be ready for consumption /#Unavailable/.

Roasting a fish you take a few min to set up on a stick then leave it to cook for 30-60 minutes. That is /5Active/ and /30Unavailable/.

Frying a fish the fist is ready after 20 minutes of frying. That is /20Active/ and \0Unavailable\

Perhaps its that we are so used to vanilla recipes having that unavailable time a player might not notices the longer activity time.

So I think for now Ill leave cookery as is.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 06:11:29 PM by Brygun »

anything