Topic: [Buoidda's mod] Obtaining blood from animals... ideas?  (Read 4885 times)

Dungeon Smash

« on: December 18, 2018, 09:01:14 PM »
I'm an inexperienced modder but was hoping somebody might be able to share some suggestions...

Buoidda's mod contains a cool function where you used to be able to drain the blood out of an animal carcass, and then use the blood for various recipes, eg blood sausage.  However, I noticed that with some newer changes to the game, draining the blood is often not possible because it calls for "elk carcass", "reindeer carcass" etc but then does not recognize the animal carcass when it is "Big female reindeer carcass", "small largely-cut reindeer carcass", etc.

Is there any way to re-write the recipe so that it works with any generic animal carcass?  I'm fine with self-imposed roleplaying restrictions.  Or, alternatively, is there a way to re-write the recipe so that it works as intended?

Here is the current code from Bouidda's mod:
Code: [Select]
.Reindeer blood. *COOKERY*  /20/ :148:
{*reindeer carcass*} 'Pick up reindeer carcass'
{Branch} [remove] [boil] '+for stirring'
[SPOILAGE_DAYS:2]
[CARB:2]
[FAT:2]
[PROTEIN:7]
[WATER:98]
[WEIGHT:4]
[PRICE:0]

.Elk blood. *COOKERY*  /20/ :148:
{*elk carcass*} 'Pick up elk carcass'
[WEIGHT:6]

.Stag blood. *COOKERY*  /20/ :148:
{*stag carcass*} 'Pick up stag carcass'
[WEIGHT:6]

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 09:19:45 PM »
Since all "ingredient" items are text pattern matched, you'd need to find a pattern which will fit what you are trying to get.
I remember the same issue/question coming up on Simon's Shaman mod recently.

I loaded a survivor and caught a reindeer and see why the pattern match may be an issue, the one I'm holding is named;
"largely cut small forest reindeer doe carcass (skinned)"

So I've reworked the line a bit and this code works for me and shouldn't be overly exploitable.
Code: [Select]
.Reindeer Blood. *RITUAL* /1h/ \1h\
{* reindeer * carcass *} [remove] [boil] 'Reindeer Donor'
{Knife}

The problem is that over the last couple versions of UnrealWorld these descriptors have become more detailed.

What used to be a "Dead reindeer carcass"
Has become much more difficult to pattern match. Good pattern matching makes mods less exploitable or buggy.
In this case you may need to go to something less specific like
{* carcass *}
to allow any items with carcass in the text to be used.

Not sure if that helps :/
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 09:21:19 PM by Privateer »
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 12:25:38 AM »
No, that does help!  Thank you.  I'm going to try to use the {* carcass *} tags, that may do the trick.  I'm fine with roleplaying, I just wasn't sure of the proper syntax.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 12:27:29 AM by Dungeon Smash »

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 12:49:01 AM »
This does indeed work - if anybody else wants to use Buoidda's mod in the current version, just replace "elk carcass", "reindeer carcass", etc with {* carcass *}  tags. It also works for the processes to extract guts, backstraps, etc.

tedomedo

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 12:05:06 PM »
In mod forum here is Buoidda's mod very popular? Can you give me link to it and all explanations?