Topic: Spells for knives  (Read 3982 times)

Tom H

« on: November 08, 2018, 12:58:32 PM »
I've been approached 3 times in the game to trade one of my knives for a spell. My problem is that, first, they asked for my Fine Hunting knife (the best I had at the time) and now they are asking me for Masterwork knives, virtually one-of-a-kind items!! (at least in my limited experience)

Couldn't they ask me to bring them some Fine Pawboard traps, or to fabricate some leather armor, or something, instead? I'm not going to trade an extremely rare item for a spell of limited value that I'd rarely use anyway.

PALU

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 01:45:16 PM »
I approach this with some (unfortunate) gaming: I leave my Masterworks small and broad knives at the homestead and bring the backup Fine ones when visiting villages. I haven't tried bringing both, but I suspect the buggers won't be satisfied with Fine if you've got Masterworks, although I think they ought to.
It would definitely be nice if there was a response option along the line of "You can't have my Masterworks knife, but I can see if I can return with a Fine one, if that would be OK?"

Tom H

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 03:38:54 PM »
I approach this with some (unfortunate) gaming: I leave my Masterworks small and broad knives at the homestead and bring the backup Fine ones when visiting villages. I haven't tried bringing both, but I suspect the buggers won't be satisfied with Fine if you've got Masterworks, although I think they ought to.
It would definitely be nice if there was a response option along the line of "You can't have my Masterworks knife, but I can see if I can return with a Fine one, if that would be OK?"

That would be more acceptable, even though I actually don't have ANY fine knives now...heh, I think I've had two over time. 

Galgana

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 03:56:42 AM »
I was surprised that the npc asked for only a fine broad knife even though my inventory at the time also had a masterwork set of the small and regular knives. So perhaps the quest randomizes which above-normal quality knife gets targeted.

PALU

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 09:06:48 AM »
I suspect the quest is generated for a specific type of knife, unrelated to what your character may happen to carry (so you won't even know about the quest unless you happen to carry the targeted kind of knife). I've only seen requests for small and broad knives, but on the other hand, that are the type my character carry around (and use, for that matter).