Topic: Jaredonians Character Models + Distinct Tribes v3  (Read 23507 times)

Jaredonian

« on: May 24, 2017, 03:36:19 AM »

Jaredonian's Character Models

Add a bit of variety to your UnrealWorld experience with eighteen new player character models, including:

The Woodsman
The Huntress (two new versions)
The Winter Hunter
The Kaumolaiset
The Northern Tribesman
The Foreigner
The Shaman (male and female version)
The Warrior (three versions)
The Kaumo Youth
The Fisherman
The Traveler
The Kaumo Vagabond
The Wildman

Thanks to the UnrealWorld team as all of these are based on original URW models.

Distinct Tribes

This mod reskins the people of the Northern Tribes, putting them all in heavy seal-skin
clothing to reflect their reliance upon this important resource.  In the game, it says the Northern
Tribes speak their own language, this mod now adds a visual element to their uniqueness from
the Southern Tribes.

The mod also changes the Eastern Tribes, making them taller than most of the other people
in the land, as well as changing their clothes to reflect the lifestyle of hunters and trappers.

The Western Tribes now have more varied and vibrant coloured clothing, since they have better access
to exotic cloth and dyes.  They also tend to wear pieces of metal jewelry, such as belt buckles and bracelets
as the influx of trade allows for greater shows of wealth within the communities.

Special thanks to the team of Wickham's Graphical Enhancement Project for textures used
in the these mods.

Download:

Jaredonians Character Models + Distinct Tribes v3

Installation:

'Jaredonian's Character Models' Installation:

1. Create a backup of your truetile folder if you haven't already (or just the pc-fe/male files specifically).

2. Find the PC folder within the mods truetile folder.

3. Select your chosen character model and rename it to pc-male or pc-female.  Copy the file.

4. Paste the file into the game's truetile folder and replace the existing file.

5. Enjoy

'Distinct Tribes' Installation:

1. Create a backup of your truetile folder if you haven't already.

2. Copy all mod files into the UnRealWorld/truetile folder, or just merge the folders.
When prompted, replace all existing files.

Notes:

This is a graphics mod only and therefore is completely save game compatible.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 06:58:40 PM by Jaredonian »

koteko

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 12:20:38 PM »
This is unbelievably beautiful. Thanks for doing this @Jaredonian!

I really hope someday this gets included in URW, with the addition of dynamic icons (eg, different outfit depending on what the pc/npc is wearing). It'd be great to see at a glance what your opponents are wearing/wielding, and to see your icon change when you move from a "kaumo hunter" outfit to a heavy furs one.

Jaredonian

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 02:58:12 AM »
Wow, been a while since I played this game (and made this mod) and I can't believe it's been downloaded over 3000 times! Thanks guys and hope you're all enjoying playing this. Hope it still works with the latest versions of the game as well. Maybe if I get the chance I'll come and add a few new models to the mod.

StefanPravda

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 10:30:28 AM »
Your mod is definitely a must use, thanks for the great work, I always use it each time I return to Unreal World! Your invision link in the OP is dead tho. :)

Jaredonian

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2020, 07:00:11 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, glad you are enjoying the mod!

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2020, 07:38:56 AM »
Awesome tiles!

FYI, @Jaredonian : the tile gfx with Alpha channel enabled do not work with Mac. It’s as simple as mass loading—exporting the .png in Preview and disabling Alpha when exporting. Would be awesome if you could add a note for Mac users. I had to rollback and respond to existing bug report thread to get it figured out.

Now if @Sami could enable pc-male/pc-female by character and not game wide.... that’d be bomb.  :P :P

koteko

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2020, 01:47:52 PM »
Now if @Sami could enable pc-male/pc-female by character and not game wide.... that’d be bomb.  :P :P

YES.. sorely needed :P

Ezezaguna

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2020, 05:24:48 AM »
I didn't said it before, but I just love it.  ;D

anything