Topic: Finnish Cheese Mod v1.0  (Read 15951 times)

zhihao1

« on: September 07, 2018, 11:24:41 PM »
Derluxuriouspanzer's Finnish Cheese Mod v1.0

Inspired by Njerpez Cookery Mod, this mod allows conversion of milk into cheese using medieval Finnish nettle curdling method.

Sour Milk
First stage of turning milk into cheese. Sour milk is produced by combining 5lb of milk with 1lb nettle. Takes a day for it to curdle.

Cheese

Turn your sour milk into cheese by reducing liquids by a fire. Cheese no longer requires a container at this point and no longer goes bad.

Munajuusto

Recipe of baked cheese using 3lb of milk, 1lb of sour milk and a couple of eggs. (Recommended to use with Privateer's chicken coop mod)

JuustoleipƤ

Another recipe of baked cheese, using 1lb of cheese and can be topped off with berries and cooked meat.

LeipƤjuustokeitto

Cheesy soup composed of cheese, meat, vegetables and herbs of your choosing.

Installation
Download the attachment and just drag and drop all the game files to your UnrealWorld folder. The mod comes with its own sprite.

edit: created download link
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qV_dgMsSd0uc-Z7USilJOKPTZxOPOn6q?usp=sharing

Please let me know if you have any feedback to improve this mod.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 06:55:02 AM by zhihao1 »

koteko

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 01:24:49 AM »
Very nice! I have a cheese mod, but mine is generic. This is very characteristic, well done :)

tedomedo

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 10:41:30 AM »
Write how much carbon hydrates, fat, proteins and nutrition gives each cheese.

zhihao1

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 09:25:29 PM »
Cheese nutrition count should just be equal to that of 5lb of milk and 1 lb nettles.

d2shr6o8av

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 10:43:57 PM »
Can you use the cheese or any of the other recipes to trade with?

In my inventory I had 3 entries for cheese. 2 of those entries only had 1 quantity and the last one had 4.

I tried to use them to trade but I would get the "The x is unworthy in this barter." even for the stack of 4 cheese.
Hoarder of hungry dogs.

zhihao1

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 12:50:21 AM »
I'm unsure how to set prices to cooked food. None of the other food mods have prices set to food, and I tried adding [PRICE:4] to the mod script, but it doesn't do anything. Let me know if you figure it out, I'll gladly update it.

Privateer

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 01:55:05 AM »

In my inventory I had 3 entries for cheese. 2 of those entries only had 1 quantity and the last one had 4.

I tried to use them to trade but I would get the "The x is unworthy in this barter." even for the stack of 4 cheese.

Just a guess, the npc in question may not have been accepting food(s) in trade for whatever you were bartering for.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

d2shr6o8av

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 08:52:32 PM »
I'm unsure how to set prices to cooked food. None of the other food mods have prices set to food, and I tried adding [PRICE:4] to the mod script, but it doesn't do anything. Let me know if you figure it out, I'll gladly update it.

I added the lines below one at a time and tested if a person would accept it:
Obviously [PRICE:4] OR [PRICE:0.75 per lb]
"Hunting horn" as the base item.
[NAME:Nettle Cheese]

I failed  :(

You might have to ask the dev about it.
Hoarder of hungry dogs.

d2shr6o8av

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2018, 08:55:33 PM »

Just a guess, the npc in question may not have been accepting food(s) in trade for whatever you were bartering for.

I tested it on all the different people I could ask in the village I was in. I think I had picked up a squirrel or some small animal's fur to trade for.

People who hate cheese:
Old man
Peasant
Woman
Housewife
Adventurer
Sage
Hoarder of hungry dogs.

d2shr6o8av

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2018, 09:20:11 PM »
Somehow my Nettle Cheese managed to spoil, even though it has
Code: [Select]
[SPOILAGE_DAYS:0]

Maybe it spoils because I'm burning it?

« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 04:49:01 AM by d2shr6o8av »
Hoarder of hungry dogs.

zhihao1

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2018, 04:04:40 AM »

I tried to trade cheese for 1 turnip in two villages, not accepted as well. Don't think it has any worth due to no price

zhihao1

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2018, 04:07:24 AM »
Somehow my Nettle Cheese managed to spoil, even though it has
Code: [Select]
[SPOILAGE_DAYS:0]
Maybe it spoils because I'm burning it?

Yes, cheese is susceptible to burning if not picked up in time
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 04:27:09 AM by zhihao1 »

Brygun

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2018, 02:09:09 AM »
If you are still around on the forums Im working on a combined mod and am debating adding your cheese mod.

The BAC mod can be seen at:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=4712.0

I do have some questions.

what does the :148: in the recipes do? I'm not currently aware of a :#: command in the mod language?

I would probably need to use the letter "a" without the accents over it. I hope that would be okay.

Privateer

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2018, 02:48:24 AM »
I do have some questions.

what does the :148: in the recipes do? I'm not currently aware of a :#: command in the mod language?

It's the legacy position of the objects graphic in the bigsprite.png file.
You'll still see these in cooking and flora files.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Brygun

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2018, 03:00:29 AM »
Thanks Privateer!

anything