Topic: Question about the Shaman Mod  (Read 8482 times)

Míriel

« on: July 13, 2018, 05:10:08 PM »
  Hi, I posted this question before the forum crash but it seems it has disappeared from the list, so if it comes back I'll delete this one.

I am playing with the Shaman Mod installed and can't find the ingredient "Reindeer Donor" for the the recipe "Reindeer Blood", I tried using a forest reindeer and a regular reindeer carcass on my inventory, both skinned and not, using the fresh meat of both and naming the reindeer "Reindeer", "Reindeer Donor" and "Donor" to see if I could draw blood without killing it.

Can someone tell me what to use or give me a hint if they are against spoilers? 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 03:57:28 AM by Míriel »

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 07:35:06 PM »
I've not played shaman mod, but looked at a copy (not sure about versioning).
The item you need is a reindeer carcass. My guess is that something in the wildcard usage could be checked.

(original I see in this version)
{*Reindeer carcass*}

perhaps could check as:
{*Reindeer carcass}
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Míriel

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 03:58:03 AM »
  Thanks for the fast answer Privateer :).
  I don't understand coding so I need some clarification, what you are suggesting is to change the recipe from {*Reindeer carcass*} to {*Reindeer carcass} without the second asterisk? Also, is it possible that I couldn't use the recipe because the reindeer carcass was a small one?

Privateer

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 04:37:15 AM »
  Thanks for the fast answer Privateer :).
  I don't understand coding so I need some clarification, what you are suggesting is to change the recipe from {*Reindeer carcass*} to {*Reindeer carcass} without the second asterisk? Also, is it possible that I couldn't use the recipe because the reindeer carcass was a small one?

Yes, in the version I have a copy of, the file: cookery_Addon_Shaman_V3.txt
contains the recipe for the reindeer blood. They are just text files so no real "coding" knowledge required.
Yes I'm suggesting just having the leading asterisk, size is not relevant. The task is just doing a text (description) pattern match.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Míriel

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 04:07:21 PM »
  I've tried removing the asterisk from the recipe file but I still couldn't use the reindeer carcass as the ingredient Reindeer Donor, I also skinned the carcass as a last attempt but it didn't work. So, anyone else has a suggestion of I can do to solve this?

Privateer

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 08:37:19 PM »
 OK I'll try again.
Here is the code as it is in the version I have;
Code: [Select]
.Reindeer Blood. *RITUAL* /1h/ \1h\
{*Reindeer carcass*} [remove] [boil] 'Reindeer Donor'
{Knife}

"Reindeer Blood" - is the name of the food item being prepared.
"*Reindeer carcass*" The item you need asterisks are used to text pattern match a reindeer carcass. "Reindeer Donor" is the name shown for what is needed.
"Knife" - item needed

So if you "couldn't use the reindeer carcass as the ingredient Reindeer Donor", there is something wrong with the text pattern match OR the name of the source item.
Mods:

Privateer

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 12:17:16 AM »
 I loaded a survivor and caught a reindeer and see why the pattern match may be an issue, the one I'm holding is named;
"largely cut small forest reindeer doe carcass (skinned)"

So I've reworked the line a bit and this code works for me and shouldn't be overly exploitable.
Code: [Select]
.Reindeer Blood. *RITUAL* /1h/ \1h\
{* reindeer * carcass *} [remove] [boil] 'Reindeer Donor'
{Knife}
Mods:

Míriel

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 10:31:49 PM »
Hi Privateer, I've made the changes to the cookery file but it still doesn't work, I attached the .txt file in case this may help to clarify my problem.

Privateer

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2018, 11:21:44 PM »
The change you made is what worked for me.
The problem is that over the last couple versions of UnrealWorld these descriptors have become more detailed.

What used to be a "Dead reindeer carcass"
Has become much more difficult to pattern match. Good pattern matching makes mods less exploitable or buggy.
In this case you may need to go to something less specific like
{* carcass *}
to allow any items with carcass in the text to be used.
Mods:

Míriel

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2018, 12:59:57 AM »
Makes sense for me, thanks for all the help, I think I'll rewrite as you suggested and only use reindeer carcasses.