Topic: Finally We have Fish cuts !!  (Read 15338 times)

Privateer

« on: June 29, 2018, 08:04:02 AM »
********NOTE: You have to be logged in to see the downloads*************

Just something I've wanted for a loooong time.

Code: [Select]
.Clean fish. "Pike" [effort:1] [noquality] [phys:arms,one-armed]  *FISHING*  /30/ %10% |-2| [patch:5]
{Raw fish}      #1#     [remove] [name:%s cut] [patchwise]
{Knife}  '+for chopping and cleaning'
[WEIGHT:1]

All cuts set to 1 lb of pike.
Names should be of original fish.
Fish cuts of the same type will stack for drying, smoking.
If you use less than 1 lb of a type of fish mixed clean fish will be created.

The attached file diy_fcuts.txt has this code in game format that will automatically use the "Lumber" section for the menu
simply download and copy the text file into the URW directory to install.

Have fun
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 08:58:22 PM by Privateer »
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

PALU

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 10:19:19 AM »
Nice idea!

I'd suggest trying to have a fishing knife the preferred kind of knife for the task, even though it technically does nothing as it's a noquality job.

Don't different fish have different nutrition values, though? I guess that doesn't matter much in practice?

Privateer

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 10:30:43 AM »
Nice idea!

I'd suggest trying to have a fishing knife the preferred kind of knife for the task, even though it technically does nothing as it's a noquality job.

Don't different fish have different nutrition values, though? I guess that doesn't matter much in practice?

I originally intended to use Fisher's knife as the preferred tool only to discover that the ' in the tool name causes issues on a crafting line.
Different fish do have different nutrition so I picked pike vs there being a recipe for each type of fish.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Brygun

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 02:26:33 AM »
Great to see you still modding.

Can you dry/smoke/salt the cuts?

Privateer

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 03:01:46 AM »
Great to see you still modding.

Can you dry/smoke/salt the cuts?

Yes you can :)
Mods:

JEB Davis

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 08:13:23 PM »
Nice!

Brygun

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2018, 12:48:31 AM »
Is it supposed to take many minutes to cut 1 lb off the fish? IIRC the one time I tried it in my current game it seem to take many minutes which surprised me.

Privateer

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2018, 01:00:18 AM »
Is it supposed to take many minutes to cut 1 lb off the fish? IIRC the one time I tried it in my current game it seem to take many minutes which surprised me.

I'd agree that the 30 min. timer is probably harsh. I do clean/filet/butcher a fair number of fish irl and the time can vary a bit depending of what the real world fish is.
Mods:

Brygun

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 03:38:33 AM »
finally had  a pike again to test it again.

If you do 5 lbs of fish at once the code treats it as 5 x the time. 30x5 = 150 min or 2 1/2 hour to mostly but not completely clean and separate a pike.

So locally Im going to tweak it to a 6 minutes per lb of fish. Then 6 x 5 = 30 min you originally intended.

Brygun

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 04:29:07 AM »
In case it matters this is one entry that was put into the BAC project. If you want it removed let me know.

Its under the Addeditems menu with credit given in the .txt file

If you want it in another menu we could put it into Utility.

Privateer

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 04:42:53 AM »
In case it matters this is one entry that was put into the BAC project. If you want it removed let me know.

Its under the Addeditems menu with credit given in the .txt file

If you want it in another menu we could put it into Utility.

Thanks for asking, I have no issue with you making use of this.

Thank you
Mods:

john1933

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2022, 01:04:27 AM »
Hi there. first ever post. I did a thing.

Don't know if anyone here is very active anymore but hey, figured someone would use it.

Privateer

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2022, 01:26:15 AM »
Hi there. first ever post. I did a thing.

Don't know if anyone here is very active anymore but hey, figured someone would use it.

Hello and welcome  ;D

I like the sprite, thanks for taking the time to contribute.
Mods: