Topic: Trade issue with quest payment and giving back unpaid items.  (Read 4505 times)

nekot

« on: June 11, 2018, 02:09:14 PM »
Hi Sami,

I've just encountered a bug when trading using quest payment..

What I've done from start:
I've done quest with branch gathering.
I've been given 5 squirrel hides worth to spend.
I've picked up 14 arrows.
I've started to trade.
Villager said that payment covers nearly half and I have to pay for rest of it.
I've started giving back unpaid arrows to get to the level of 5 squirrel hides.
I've given up 7 arrows and still no satisfaction.
I've given bird skin and I've been told that this is marginal payment for arrows so I've stopped trade.

I've started trade again with 7 unpaid arrows and I've been told that fur hides covers 2/3 of the.
I've given up unpaid arrow and noticed that villager would like me to pay for 6 arrows (it's like quest squirrel hides are not accounted any longer).
I've given up 2 more arrows (leaving me with 4 arrows) and still nothing so I've asked what he wants from me to pay for this trade.
Answer was: "I would like from you." I don't remember exact sentence, but it's the standard one when villager says what he would like from me. (There was nothing he would like from me, just period at the end of sentence). I've stopped trade.

I've started trade again with 4 unpaid arrows and 5 squirrel hides were enough as I get green light on it and traded.

As you can see above, bug probably takes place when you return unpaid item and then script doesn't take quest payment into account in trade.

best regards
nekot..
nekot..

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 12:50:43 PM »
Uh, this is a pain to follow. Would be far easier if you'd try to reproduce, and I'd get the savegame to investigate.
If you are up to trying to reproduce at some point, save and backup character before starting the trade.
Then try to get the glitch happen. If it does send me that savegame prior to trade, and I'll try to follow the same steps.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

davidor

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 01:29:14 PM »
I think I can just simplify it into:
1. trying to buy things worth more than the reward
2. returning items so the reward should fully cover the cost of items
3. the trade didn't end as the player didn't make any offer to the items

anything