Topic: Village invertory system taking your food  (Read 4474 times)

davidor

« on: June 09, 2018, 08:07:54 PM »
This was first noticed when I drop one elk(butchered) in village and left for the second. When I came back next day I cannot found the fat of first elk during tanning.
This isn't a great deal but the thing really caught my attention is that when I collect the dried/smoked meat I when for 'donate' 20% as using fee and found the calculation isn't right, some meats are missing.

At first I thought it could be wildlife but it happened so often and I went for some testing. Turns out if you left food (meat/fat, not sure about fish/veg/bread/etc) in the village, the inventory will consider them as the property of the village and consume 1 from each stack.
I tested it with leaving 5*5 smoked cut in a house, 5*5 outside that house, 10*2 in another house and 10*2 outside that house. I returned in an month and a half and each stack have a missing cut(4*10+9*4).
The other effect is that the inv system will treat those tiles as food storage and spawn new foods on those tiles.

Not sure if dropping weapons/clothes/furs will trigger similar effects.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 12:53:29 PM »
Well, everything dropped in the village is prone to get handled by the villagers as they please. Player character's items in the village are a wild territory as there are no restrictions or specific rules applied to them. Many wondrous things can happen. I don't know if this actually calls for any action.

- Sami | UnReal World creator

JEB Davis

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 10:14:57 PM »
That's good news, Sami.  ;D

Having left lots of items in villages (in buildings and on the ground), I've never thought the villagers would touch them... but I never paid extra-close attention so I can't say if anything was taken.

I like what you said, it makes things a bit uncertain.  :)

anything