Topic: Killed Companions  (Read 10985 times)

caius

« on: July 21, 2017, 04:56:48 PM »
I hired a companion to go complete an injured adventurer quest by recovering his spear from a wolf attack.  Well, we finally found the camp, got the spear, and then ran into the wolf.  My companion was killed and I was pretty injured by said wolf.

Well, I carried his body back to the village and tried to give it to someone there.  But the villagers aren't excited about me because he died.  No one would accept the body, so I left it in a cabin.  I roasted that wolf meat and gave it away to all the villagers.

What do you do with dead companions (assuming you don't kill them yourselves)?  Will the villagers remain upset at me?  Is there anything that can be done if a companion is killed on a hunt?

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 05:03:59 PM »
If you leave the body in the town, outside, someone will dispose of the body.
If you hire someone and they die on your job, there will be some harsh feelings for about 3~6 months. Which seems reasonable.
onyl rest and time heal wounds for NPCs (dogs, villagers etc).
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Saiko Kila

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 06:11:24 PM »
You can do nothing, but you can later make quests for the village, after they rage subsided. If you want.

You can roleplay a bit, drop some stones on the body to make a grave, or carry it to the cave. Personally I would try to cut it into pieces if it is winter and it won't rot too quick, then dry it, and sell/give to his fellow villagers, so they can retain at least some of his spirit.

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 05:55:00 PM »
 ;D
You can do nothing, but you can later make quests for the village, after they rage subsided. If you want.

You can roleplay a bit, drop some stones on the body to make a grave, or carry it to the cave. Personally I would try to cut it into pieces if it is winter and it won't rot too quick, then dry it, and sell/give to his fellow villagers, so they can retain at least some of his spirit.
Haha!  That's simultaneously sweet and incredibly fucked up

anything