Topic: integration of animals into bargaining  (Read 4242 times)

Dungeon Smash

« on: May 19, 2018, 04:10:50 AM »
Right now, it seems as though animal bargaining exists independently of standard item bargaining. 

It would be nice if the two were integrated.  For example, a masterwork sword might be worth far more than a cow.  it would be nice to be able to trade the sword for a cow, plus other items.

It would also be nice if the rewards from quests, such as "5 Squirrel Hides worth of Goods", could be applied towards purchasing animals.  Currently, it cannot be.

Thirdly, it would be nice to be able to trade animals for other animals.  For example, I could travel to the north and purchase a reindeer, then trade it down south for a cow.  Of course, a reindeer might not be worth a cow, but perhaps with a dog as well... or a few furs... it could be.

caius

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 09:08:37 PM »
I agree.  In addition, I'd like to be able to buy several animals in the same transaction.  For example, I'd like to be able to buy 3 dogs (or sheep, rams, cows, etc.) in one trade rather than buy each animal separately.  This would require a different mechanism to leash the animals than after a trade. 

For example, could a village that sells animals have a pile of ropes in one of the buildings equal to each animal they have for sale?  I then pick up the ropes, enter the fenced pen, leash the animals, and then make a purchase before I can take the animals out of the pen?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 07:43:49 PM by caius »

RogueYun

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 11:02:15 PM »
I feel that this, and my suggestion about earning village credit are related, or could at least be solved mutually.

Supplying the village with some very expensive weapons or tools (when they need weapons or tools) would earn you a lot of credit with them and allow you to walk off with several animals and other items.