Topic: Curious About Quest Rewards (spoilers hopefully)  (Read 9668 times)

LoLotov

« on: August 18, 2017, 11:55:09 PM »
All right, I finished my first bird thief quest earlier and got myself a Hare's Paw, which is supposed to be applied to anything I attempt to do to boost the luck of that attempt. It'll wear down over time apparently, so does anyone have information on how well it works, or how long it lasts? I'm just happy to have something other than 5 hides worth of trade goods, but it'd be cool if it works too.

ALSO, I led a lost trapper to a village near the beginning of this character and he didn't give me the traditional semi-useless mini ritual we discussed at some length on the previous forum. Instead, he taught me some tracking secrets, and told me I'd know when it was helping. I did. I didn't track anything once until getting the skill boost from the game course, 70 up to 90 (!). First time I went to hunt something, the skill went from 90 to 93 in the same day, which is insane, and it hasn't gone up again since. I also got the same quest reward later, but for swords, just don't have a sword yet to use it. I'm curious if anyone else has been getting these skill booster rewards, and if they can be applied to ANY skill, or just good ones like I was getting...
Iiiiii juuuuust want to set the woooooooorld onnnn fiiiiiiiiireeeeeee.... Iiiiiiii don't want to start a flame in your heeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrt.
And with your admissiiiiion you feeeeel the same, I'llllll have reached the goaaaal I'm dreamiiiing offfff, believe meeeeee

PALU

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 12:40:44 AM »
Hare paws have something like 3 or 5 uses, but I've only used them accidentally. I can think of two very good uses:
1. Critical combat attacks.
2. Crafting something valuable and difficult.
I don't know how well it works, though.

Most skill lessons have been for weapons, but I've occasionally gotten other skills. Definitely fishing, and I think trapping as well, and probably one or two others (hide working?).

LoLotov

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 01:23:18 AM »
Definitely going to try it on a first melee attack now, fantastic idea. If it's say, +10 to your 2d10/100 on your equipped weapon's applicable skill, it would basically make up for common equip load, giving you full use of your skill at zero fatigue and injury, and a huge advantage on the attack.

I'm really looking forward to more skill lessons, only ever gotten the spells, and most of those were questionable. This is just as immersive, and much more tangible.

I don't really have any others I personally need information on at the moment, but I would hope this thread could be used for the sharing of particularly interesting seeming quest outcomes. Get as much information together as possible so we can put some pages on the wiki.
Iiiiii juuuuust want to set the woooooooorld onnnn fiiiiiiiiireeeeeee.... Iiiiiiii don't want to start a flame in your heeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrt.
And with your admissiiiiion you feeeeel the same, I'llllll have reached the goaaaal I'm dreamiiiing offfff, believe meeeeee

anything