Topic: [Not a bug; 3.83] How much flour needed to bake a flatbread, again?  (Read 338 times)

McKwack

« on: March 30, 2024, 02:11:24 AM »
Not sure if this is intended behavior or bug.

I was trying to bake a batch of flatbread for the "Cursed Wolf" quest. The recipe calls for 0.23 kg of flour (playing with Metric system and 2 digits decimals.. sorry..) Very sure that I have about 0.78 kg (or close enough) of flour in my bowl, but when I tried to bake the bread, it says that I'm short by 88 gr.. w00t???
So I grinded some more seeds to get the rest of the required flour (up to 0.98 kg I think), but when I have finished baking the bread, I still have about 0.70 kg of flour left in the bowl.. double w00t???
I can provide the save file if needed, and/or provide a more accurate numbers as soon as I could get some more seeds to grind.

PS I remember vaguely baking the same flatbread pre 3.83 (don't remember which version, might be before the changes to the smoking system that's currently in place), and back then it didn't show this weird behavior.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 05:15:51 PM by Sami »

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2024, 07:09:22 AM »
That sounds pretty odd indeed.
I think it’s safe to email the compressed save to Sami and reference this bug report on the email too.

Plotinus

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2024, 07:59:08 AM »
Are you counting the weight of the empty bowl?

McKwack

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2024, 10:03:52 PM »
Are you counting the weight of the empty bowl?

Not yet.. I also had the same thought just after I posted this, but haven't had the chance to check it out since I had to go out..

Can I put this bug report on hold until after I have had the chance to test it?

Thanks, and sorry if it turns out to be a false alarm..

Edit: Did some testing by moving the flour from the wooden bowl to an empty skin.. the skin changed weight from 136 gr to 160 gr, while the bowl changed weight from 0.70 kg to 0.68 kg.. looks like I really did have less flour then required by the recipe.. oops..  :-[

In my previous playthrough, I put the flour in a bag, which weighs much less than a bowl, hence my initial confusion of "it wasn't like this back then".. I will now put my head in the nearest bog in shame.. :-[

So.. what should I do with this post? Delete it as though it never happens? Put it in the 'not a bug' sub forum?

Thanks, and once again, apologies for the confusion..
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 02:39:50 AM by McKwack »

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2024, 05:15:33 PM »
So.. what should I do with this post? Delete it as though it never happens? Put it in the 'not a bug' sub forum?

We'll be tagging and moving the posts as necessary.

Thanks, and once again, apologies for the confusion..

No worries, we're all glad it got sorted out. And once again thumbs up for the helpful community.
- Sami | UnReal World creator