Topic: [Solved] Any way to find accidentally unleashed animal?  (Read 5707 times)

paulkorotoon

« on: October 18, 2023, 07:32:37 PM »
So, today I've managed to unleash my favourite big cow (packed with all of my furs) and didn't noticrd it. I'd been heading hone from nothern lands, so the cow is definitely not somewhere close.

I looked into msglog.txt and found a string telling about unleashing. Does those numbers and codes at the beginning of each line mean something valuable for me? Can I use them to find where exactrly I've lost my cow?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 09:10:36 AM by paulkorotoon »
Biggest Russian UrW fan

paulkorotoon

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2023, 10:49:43 AM »
Thanks to @Erkka, who sent me a link to this thread, I've managed to find my cow. Poor thing had been killed by a wolf :c .

Short howto for those who would happen to need it:

1. Open msglog.txt in your character's folder.
2. Find the last message about unleashing your animal. It looks like this: (3C5A98):52jf:[:]{06AB02EB} | You unleash *animal_name*.
3. {06AB02EB} are coordinates of the world tile, where you unleashed your animal. Copy them and past somewhere.
4. Now perform any action in game and scroll to the last line of msglog.txt. You'll see something like this: (3C5A98):a2je:[:]{07CE0477} | You ski.
5. {07CE0477} are coordinates of the tile where your character is at the moment. Copy them too.
6. First four hex digits are longitude, next four digits are latitude. Now you need to perform some math.
7. Open your calc app and swith it to hex mode.
7.1. Substract lesser longitude value from greater one and convert the result to decimal. Let it be X. If the tile where you lost your animal has lesser longitude value than your current position, you need to go west for X tiles, otherwise go east.
7.2. Substract lesser latitude value from greater one and convert the result to decimal. Let it be Y. If the tile where you lost your animal has lesser latitude value than your current position, you need to go north for Y tiles, otherwise go south.
8. When you manage to get to the place, zoom in and check your current coordinates in the last line of msglog.txt to make sure they are the same as coordinates of the tile where you lost your animal.
9. Now just search the tile for tracks, and have a good luck!
Biggest Russian UrW fan

anything