Topic: Where is the robber gang seems too awkward to complete  (Read 3188 times)

Brygun

« on: May 04, 2023, 01:58:40 AM »
Play Calle I spend some real life hours doing lots of wilderness map checks looking for the bandits. Did some zoomed in map work.

IIRC in the case of an angry bear that attacked a hunter (where you recover the hand axe) can't you at least spot tracks on the wilderness map?

Looking on the forums seems there is such frustration that this thread exists:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=6074.0

Where they decode where the robbers are.

I think the vanilla game needs to relook at how to play out that quest.

At least wilderness map tracking should come up with "human prints here" or "human prints going north west".

As it is I it turns out that playing a legit fair game and investing in three companions, one of whom was a hunter, was ever going to work.

As my war party has since dispersed my story is written as letting it go as unfindable.

I think this is feedback to make something in the vanilla game to make it practical.

I suggest the finding tracks on the wilderness map on a successful track check, thus character skills matter

or

If you walk onto the tile with their shelter you get a "there appears to be a shelter here"

or

On the wilderness tile a pop up with bloodscrapes from a battle, that then put you at one end of tracks leading to their camp. This blood scrape where they ambushed someone.

PALU

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2023, 09:17:49 AM »
I don't think I've found bear/wolf tracks on the world map in conjunction with the injured adventurer quest more than very occasionally.

The robber quest is very tedious since you have to visit every tile in the area, and even if you zoom in on every tile you may still miss both them and their tracks (the only quest worse is the animal in forest cover one). Traveling through every tile on foot ought to work as the robbers should home in on you, but it takes an enormous amount of player time to do that.

I believe you have the standard low chance to find human tracks on the overland map, but that chance is so low that it's not useful as a method of finding them, just a potential small bonus.

I agree there is a need for additional indications of their presence, such as blood scapes (as suggested), or seeing smoke/fire in the distance. Footprints in an area around the target would help as well. A smaller target circle might be another alternative.

anything