Topic: Villagers being passive towards predators  (Read 3434 times)

Kreivos

« on: April 17, 2023, 05:26:26 PM »
Not sure if this should to go to suggestions or here, but I had an incident where wolf pack entered nearby village and hang around there for few days killing all the sheep and chilling, while villagers did nothing. It's a bit silly situation when the villagers don't turn hostile against predators in the camp :D If I recall right they do attack Njerpez, right?

ineedcords

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2023, 03:42:27 AM »
Not sure if this should to go to suggestions or here, but I had an incident where wolf pack entered nearby village and hang around there for few days killing all the sheep and chilling, while villagers did nothing. It's a bit silly situation when the villagers don't turn hostile against predators in the camp :D If I recall right they do attack Njerpez, right?
Thanks for reporting.
I believe it is a known bug - a similar, older report is here: https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=5758.msg15366#msg15366

If you have a savegame, that you can compress into a ZIP archive, and share with the developers, I think it would be appreciated. The email address is listed on this page: https://unrealworld.fi/urw_contact.html
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

Kreivos

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2023, 05:48:47 PM »
Oh, I should've searched first. And no save game – I didn't suspect this being an actual bug. I will save if this happens again.

This happened when I saw a wolfpack nearby a village, just few tiles away. I lured them passively towards the village in zoomed in map in hopes that the villagers would help me take down some. They were however totally passively towards the wolves. I did some testing aggravating the wolves with arrows and when they turned hostile, villagers remained passive. The wolves didn't attack them. I actually went hiding to a house and a villager opened the door for the wolf to come in  :D

When they calmed down I left. A day or two later I came back to the scene in the image above.

anything