Topic: Are the animals getting tired too quickly?  (Read 2347 times)

Cassiano

« on: August 20, 2022, 02:46:03 AM »
Well, its has been a year of my last playthrough and i realize that active hunting is "easy" now. In the past, to chase an elk, required so much patience, lucky and smart moves, and now i dont even start to run towards an elk and he is already tired. Is something new about this?

PALU

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 08:47:35 AM »
It's very dependent on your character. A fast character has a much easier time chasing down an elk than a slow one, since the fast character gives the elk much less time to recover between bouts of fleeing. It also depends heavily on the terrain and character tracking skills, as open terrain with clear footprints allows the character to chase the elk a lot easier than in spruce infested forests where you have to get very close to the elk before it notices you and flees (and so it has a lot more time to recover), in particular if you can't always follow the footprints, as trees are in the way of the ones you could see.

However, something that HAS changed is that snow now affects others than the PC, in particular deep snow with a crust strong enough to carry the PC, but not strong enough to carry the elk. That situation is drastically different from before the change.

Cassiano

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2022, 04:37:25 AM »
My last character died. But i made another one, an Islander. I have created a video about hunting and one thing that i have noted was the fast fatigue generated sometimes. I barely walk 20 tiles and this character is with a full bar of fatigue and all the annimals are breatless. Is it the snow?

PALU

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2022, 09:24:47 AM »
Walking in deep snow is very tiring, unless there's a crust strong enough to support the PC. The change made non PC creatures (i.e. other humans as well as animals) affected, and the PC more affected than before. Skis, however, improves the situation significantly. Unfortunately, NPC don't yet know how to ski...

anything