Topic: Larger raw material batches  (Read 2572 times)

Saukko

« on: November 21, 2021, 10:23:28 AM »
I'd like the ability to use larger batches of raw materials, especially when cooking. There might be use cases where it would be a nice QOL improvement in some other cases as well, but I think it's most prominent in cooking. For example, I was just recently gathering some tellervo's gift mushrooms, and those are usually found in very large batches, so I had about 100+ mushrooms to prepare by boiling; however, the interface only allows me to boil a batch of 10 at a time, which means that preparing some 100+ mushrooms and fill two wooden bowls with it takes a lot of key presses, and a single batch is only using a fraction of the pot's capacity.

In the best case scenario, you would choose the cooking vessel first, and then the maximum amount of raw materials would be determined by the capacity of the vessel. But failing that, the interface already has the ability to enter an arbitrary number, but the maximum is still 10 - which is a bit redundant really, because you have the quick selection keys for it already - so maybe it would be possible to increase that number. Or would that break something else?

PALU

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 11:27:32 AM »
The Njerpezit Cooking mod contains recipes that are tailored to allow you to fill a pot (while allowing you to cook less, so you don't have to wait until you've got a full pot's worth of food).

Thus, I don't think it's a problem to up the maximum volume of recipe ingredients.

anything