Topic: Weird timeskip to day 499  (Read 5758 times)

Pyry

« on: November 02, 2021, 02:09:40 PM »
I've had this issue three times actually. I load a character around the 20+ day mark and it's adventuring days are set exactly to 499.

I deleted the first character it happened to, assuming it was a bug since it was ported to version 3.70, but it happened again.

I also noticed it is not a visual glitch, since the seeds I planted the day before were now fully grown.

Spoiler: show

OS is Windows 10, version 20H2,  build 19042.1288

Here is a Google Drive link with 2 saves with the issue.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1W5UyxAB3B6cQrFSySyGBF1oWJpd5QcZp?usp=sharing

EINARI contains the character with the crops, and JARL a character ported from a previous version.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 01:48:00 PM by Sami »

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 02:38:31 PM »
Weird indeed. So I'll confirm, that in reality Einari is only 20+ game days old character?
Upon the load his data indeed tells he's lived 499 days.

I've got absolutely no idea what's the case here. In theory it could be a result of some variables overflowing, and then corrupting the day counter.
But why, that's the mystery.

Did you go about with similar playstyle with all the characters that ended up in the day skip?
Also mention is there was any modding, or third-party stuff which might affect to game values.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Pyry

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 04:20:22 PM »
Yes, both characters are between 20-30 days old.

I forgot to mention the game still says they are 16 winters old.

Spoiler: show

No mods ever installed. This bug happened upon safely quitting and reloading in all instances.

I've been having some issues with my system locale recently, as well as one where I have to manually maximize the game window for it to be visible. I didn't think it was related but if this behavior hasn't been reported before then it might very well be.

I will try to replicate it on a different computer to make sure this overflow isn't related to those and update the post with the results.

Thanks for taking a look

Pyry

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 10:59:47 PM »
I have managed to replicate the overflow on a completely different computer, no modding there either. This time, it happened on the first day.

This rules out my syslocale issues having anything to do with the time skip.

I also managed to replicate the behaviour where URW will launch but not appear on screen, needing to be maximized manually from the task bar to show up.

Perhaps this last one is related to screen resolution, although I am not sure if the time skip and it have anything to do with each other.

I added the latest save to the google drive folder (SATU folder) but I don't expect it to be any different from the other two.

I will try to replicate the issue on 3.70 beta and update with any findings.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 11:01:46 PM by Pyry »

Night

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2021, 03:53:29 AM »
I also seem to have ran across this bug unknowingly, just checked my ancestors out and found this guy.

URW Character Menu - Cheating menu by a player, for the players.
URW Character Designer - Design your characters sprite!

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2021, 04:44:04 PM »
Thanks for the follow-up details, Pyry - and Night also. I'll keep investigating.
Now we can probably assume that it happens only on loading the character, otherwise I think it would be noticeable during the gameplay.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2021, 01:47:14 PM »
Found it. This has been likely been around for ages. It's related to game/system getting terminated/crashing, and results in character game day synchronization problem. This might have caused some reports in the past which we haven't been clever enough to search from a right angle. There's been rare and weird harvest growing up overnight kind of issues, etc.
It was luckily easy to fix.

Fixed - persists in 3.70.

anything