Topic: UrW mobile controller  (Read 6017 times)

Kurtz

« on: October 15, 2021, 06:37:14 PM »
Hello. I bought the app but couldn't make it work. My player doesn't move. It doesn't seems too difficult, but I don't know what else to do. Perhaps more info about how to make it work, or some solutions to the most frequent problems would be useful.
Excuse my poor english, Im from Argentina. Love the game btw.

OsgoodK

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 10:23:21 PM »
Hello! 

I also am having an issue with the controller.   I am running Unreal 3.6, Android 11 on a Pixel 4a  and Android 9 on a Fire Tablet.  The tablet connects when I hit F10 and the buttons in the app show up but they don't do anything in the game.  Same with the Pixel phone.  I am using the pay version of the controller.  I have rebooted both the Windows device and the Android devices.  I have temporarily disabled the Windows firewall.  Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks!

Brian

Erkka

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 10:39:25 PM »
Hello!

So far there haven't been any reports on frequent problems, so thanks for reporting! I've been under the assumption that the Mobile Controller built-in tutorial will guide you step by step through the setup, and in the app pressing ? at the top-right corner should show help including some troubleshooting tips. So, in the absence of bug reports I've been thinking that everything is still working as it was when the app was tested before the release.

Well, but let's try to get this sorted out!

To start troubleshooting, just to confirm the basics:

1. Have you enabled the mobile controller in UnReal World setup? (Main menu -> setup) ?

2. Can you verify that your computer and the android device are both connected to the same WIFI / LAN ?
UnReal World co-designer, also working on a small side project called Ancient Savo

OsgoodK

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 04:25:37 AM »

To start troubleshooting, just to confirm the basics:

1. Have you enabled the mobile controller in UnReal World setup? (Main menu -> setup) ?

2. Can you verify that your computer and the android device are both connected to the same WIFI / LAN ?

Hello again!

The mobile controller is enabled in Unreal setup.

Both the computer and the Android devices are on the same wi-fi.  When I run the controller first and then bring up Unreal it seems to connect to the controller app, the buttons come up on the Android and I can tap on them and they change colors showing that the app is running, but nothing occurs on the game screen. 

Thanks...

Erkka

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2021, 07:43:04 AM »
Both the computer and the Android devices are on the same wi-fi.  When I run the controller first and then bring up Unreal it seems to connect to the controller app, the buttons come up on the Android and I can tap on them and they change colors showing that the app is running, but nothing occurs on the game screen. 

Good, thanks for the response!

And you have Android versions 9 and 11 ?
If you have time for some more testing and debugging, please contact me directly (either personal message here on the forums, or e-mail erkka@enormouselk.com).
UnReal World co-designer, also working on a small side project called Ancient Savo

Erkka

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2021, 04:19:53 PM »
Thanks for reporting this!  If the controller seems to successfully connect with UrW, but then UrW simply doesn't react to the controller there is nothing wrong in your setup. It is a bug in version 3.70, and will be fixed.

Azazle

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2021, 01:12:51 PM »
I am also having this issue.  Thank you for the game and everything you do!

Erkka

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2021, 05:12:58 PM »
I am also having this issue.  Thank you for the game and everything you do!

Thanks for the feedback!

The bad news is that version 3.70 has a bug in the code which listens to controller commands.
The good news is that a bug-fix version will be released once it is ready.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2021, 11:24:02 AM »
Controller bug in 3.70 Windows version have been fixed now, and the game is updated on Steam, Itch and for lifetimers. So if you are on Windows and had problems with the controller, simply download/update the game again and let us know if it works ok.

On other platforms the fix will be delayed, but we'll try to do it as soon as possible.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

OsgoodK

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2021, 12:55:57 PM »
Controller bug in 3.70 Windows version have been fixed now, and the game is updated on Steam, Itch and for lifetimers. So if you are on Windows and had problems with the controller, simply download/update the game again and let us know if it works ok.

On other platforms the fix will be delayed, but we'll try to do it as soon as possible.

Hello Sami,

I just downloaded and updated UrW off Steam and tested the controller and the issue that I was previously experiencing has been resolved.  Thank you!

Brian

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2021, 01:23:39 PM »
An entire mobile port would be something else  :o

Kurtz

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2021, 08:24:05 PM »
Thank you very much for such a quick response!
When I get back home I will try it.

Kurtz

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2021, 04:00:22 PM »
It works just fine! Thank you!