Topic: Trading same item but different quality.  (Read 3242 times)

d2shr6o8av

« on: September 13, 2021, 05:24:26 PM »
Currently if you attempt to trade items with different qualities you'll be denied and told, "It's you who wants ItemName, not me."
Making it possible to trade items with different qualities will remove the need to sell my item for other items and then trading those recently bought items for a higher/lower quality item.
Hoarder of hungry dogs.

PALU

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 06:08:52 PM »
It's part of the world simulation. I very much doubt you'd be willing to barter a good quality knife and take a lower quality one as part of the exchange, since you wouldn't trade away a knife you actually had a use for. There are no dedicated traders in the game, apart from the foreign trader expeditions, so you're basically asking a random person on the street to exchange goods with you.

d2shr6o8av

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 06:14:19 PM »
Of course you would have to add other items to make the difference in value if you are upgrading to a higher quality item. If a person had a use for the knife it wouldn't even show up on the trading window.
Hoarder of hungry dogs.

PALU

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 08:20:57 AM »
Would you take a worn bicycle and a used lawn mower in exchange for the brand new bicycle you received as a gift (or won in a lottery) when you have a bike you're comfortable with and have customized to your liking (and thus don't have a use for the new one) and live in an apartment?

d2shr6o8av

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 03:51:34 PM »
Would you take a worn bicycle and a used lawn mower in exchange for the brand new bicycle you received as a gift (or won in a lottery)

If a lawnmower or whatever additional item/s I received in the trade were more useful to me than the brand new bicycle collecting dust in storage, I sure would make the trade.

when you have a bike you're comfortable with and have customized to your liking (and thus don't have a use for the new one) and live in an apartment?
As I said earlier, "If a person had a use for the knife it wouldn't even show up on the trading window." This means that the individual you are trading in the wilderness or all the people in a village or lone dwelling already have enough knives of whatever quality they are happy with.
The additional items, along with the lesser quality item, are something that the person with the higher quality item has a use for. The person could keep the higher quality item collecting dust, or they could have a lower quality item collecting dust with the addition of other useful items that were included in the trade.
Also, the lower quality item is more likely to sell since more people can afford it.
Hoarder of hungry dogs.