Topic: [3.70b3] weather weird (new character, created on 3.70b3)  (Read 3750 times)

Ukhata

« on: July 15, 2021, 12:25:38 PM »
Hello in my game 3.70b i am currently having the issue that its fully snowy, 2 degrees C and whole world is still frozen in the middle of summer.
I looked for and do not have WEATHER.DAT in my character folder, so i cannot delete it.
Any ideas how to fix?

Moderator Edit: Added version prefix "[3.70b3]" to the thread subject as well as the postfix "(new character, created on 3.70b3)".
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 11:17:40 PM by ineedcords »

ineedcords

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 12:52:01 PM »
Hello in my game 3.70b i am currently having the issue that its fully snowy, 2 degrees C and whole world is still frozen in the middle of summer.
I looked for and do not have WEATHER.DAT in my character folder, so i cannot delete it.
Any ideas how to fix?
Hi,

1) On what version of the game did you create this character?
(i.e.: is it a brand new character created in the version you are playing or is it a migrated character)

2) Which "3.70b" are you running?
(There are three of them beta1, beta2, and now beta3 as announced in this post: https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=6504.msg19320#msg19320 )

A suggestion valid only if you are not on the latest beta (beta3) already: do you want to try backing up your savegame just in case, then upgrading to the latest beta (beta3) and trying again to see if the issue persists?
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

Ukhata

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2021, 01:29:06 PM »
i created the char in 3.7b3
i play in 3.7b3

ineedcords

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2021, 01:45:00 PM »
i created the char in 3.7b3
i play in 3.7b3
I see, so it is definitely not a migration issue then.
I am not aware of any other weather bugs (other than the migration one which is already fixed as far as we know and clearly not the relevant one in your case).

See this post from Sami (dev): https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=6485.msg19274#msg19274
If the only issue in your game is that "it is too cold", it could be just a particularly cold year (without any bugs).

I will watch this thread to see what Sami says about this...
If you are keen to share a savegame publicly perhaps proactively post it somewhere, share the link in this thread, so that it is ready for his review whenever he has time to look into this.

Edit: I've edited the thread subject to clarify version and that it's not a migrated character.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 01:47:53 PM by ineedcords »
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

Ukhata

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2021, 01:54:12 PM »
i made a new char in 3.7b3 and that char also does not have a weather.dat in the character folder.
i think its just missing weather data?

Erkka

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2021, 03:58:52 PM »
In 3.70 beta3 the weather data is not saved in a file named WEATHER.DAT, but now it is in GLOBWEATHER.DAT.

Ukhata, a screenshot would be a helpful, to determine what is "in the middle of summer" in your game. Snow and ice in the early June doesn't sound like a bug to me, just one of those years when summer starts late. But snow and ice in mid-July sounds a lot more like a bug. So, to clarify this, we'd need to know what you mean by "in the middle of summer".
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 05:56:05 PM by Erkka »
UnReal World co-designer, also working on a small side project called Ancient Savo