Topic: 3.70b Rescued Adventurer Hunting Village Livestock  (Read 2739 times)

codyo

« on: July 01, 2021, 12:53:24 AM »
Hi. I came across quite an odd bug in this new playthrough.

I was in a seal-tribe village looking around and trying to find things to trade, and eventually left when I saw everything I wanted to. But I realized I hadn't talked to the villagers for any new quests. So I went back after a few steps on the wilderness map, and saw all the villagers were in combat mode for some reason, when everything was fine just before. Odd. The next turn, everyone left their combat state back into normal again.

I ran into the center of the village to see what was going on, and discovered that the lost adventurer I found in the middle of the wilderness from several weeks prior, must have suddenly started hunting inside the seal-tribe's own reindeer pen. (I know it is him since I still have his quest log)

He had a really easy time I think since the reindeer were trapped, by the time I found him, he was in the pen with two dead reindeer, skinning one, and had a puncture wound on his shoulder, from what I assume from maybe a villager attacking him. I didn't see the fight actually happen.

From the arrows I found in the pen, it's also possible that a villager on the outside of the pen tried to fire inward at him, and accidentally killed one of their own reindeer too. It's odd that a "hunter" would kill two of these on his own and then decide to start skinning.

The good news for me is that I now have two full reindeer corpses to take home without anyone in the village caring.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 01:05:59 AM by codyo »

codyo

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 01:22:07 AM »
Good news. I did have an earlier backup of this character that took me to a save two days before this whole thing happened.

I had my character rest in the village for some time to see if the battle would take place again, and it actually did. The hunter I rescued before came back to the village and charged the reindeer pen with his spear.

Oddly. The rest of the village actually joined his side and helped to kill their own livestock. So that seems to be all what actually happened. Maybe they counted him as one of their own for being a fellow seal-triber.

Plotinus

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 07:05:50 AM »
wow, good catch. About a year or so ago I came across a village that was in the process of killing all their reindeer. I reported it here on the forums at the time and I still have a backup of the event, but I didn't think to look into the characters involved. I wonder if this same story is the answer to my own village going crazy.

Here's my bug report on it http://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=5687.msg14833#msg14833