Topic: [Fixed - persists in 3.70b] Character Creation Skill Page Bug  (Read 4109 times)

trowftd

« on: June 27, 2021, 08:20:25 PM »
Sorry for a very quick report, but it seems that if you press "-" button to take away points in skills page enough times when you create your character in too easy mode, the game prompts all options used and the only way out is pressing yes. Even though I had points remaining the game doesnt let you use them. Windows 10.

It may also caused by remaining points reaching 8, I am looking into that as well. Edit: Remaining points do not matter I've got the same bug with 6 remaining points.

It seems to have no consistency regarding how many times you need to press, sometimes it is 6, sometimes 2, sometimes 3.

I also should mention, I can't choose other skills, game locks to the agriculture skill, if I say no and try to add points, change skills(even with hovering the mouse over the skills), it prompts again with all options used.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 11:33:58 AM by Sami »

cromagnon

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 05:32:13 AM »
Edit: If you get this bug, choose "Custom" at character creation, not "Custom - Easy" or "Custom - Too Easy" - until the bug is fixed. Don't wait, there are bears waiting to ambush you while you make textiles.

I can confirm this bug for the Custom - Easy and Custom - Too Easy game starts. I checked both. In both, the details of the bug are the same as trowftd describes.

With one test of a Custom game start, the bug did not happen, and I was able to add and remove points repeatedly, move on to the next setup screens, rendering the game world, choosing scenario and game path and starting the game successfully.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 07:46:15 AM by cromagnon »

Brash_Endeavors

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 07:11:52 PM »
Just to report I am also having this bug under CUSTOM (easy/too easy) , where as soon as you try to add/remove skill points it abruptly decides you are done. I had it happen as soon as I remove a single point, multiple tries. Win7 system.

Karmatose

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 02:42:40 AM »
Would like to weigh in that I just bought the game on Steam and am experiencing this bug as well. Windows 10, I tried with both Custom Easy and Too Easy. I was about to just give up on making a custom character, and use the quick and easy option, so I'm glad I checked this forum. I'll test Custom in a few minutes, but seeing as others have said it will work I'll only report if it doesn't work for some reason.

If it helps any, I had it whenever I removed a single point. I noticed the popup saying that you have run out of points can be delayed somewhat by just not clicking or hovering anything at all, and not pressing anything on your keyboard. I'd need to do more extensive testing, but it seems that the pop-up only shows up when you try to provide some sort of input to the computer. Not really helpful for workarounds, but might help find the source of the problem?

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2021, 11:33:41 AM »
This is fixed now.
Beta-2 hotfix on Windows is expected soon.

Fixed - persists in 3.70beta.
- Sami | UnReal World creator