Topic: "Task List" completion problem  (Read 3215 times)

Anthony Fruend

« on: May 21, 2021, 06:09:24 AM »
What triggers do I have to go through to get the task 'Checking The Trap' marked as complete?

Thanks for your time and happy gaming!

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2021, 08:16:03 AM »
Zoom out, walk 3 tiles, zoom in, make a small deadfall or whatever, set and bait, zoom out, go back home.

Go back and check the trap.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Plotinus

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 09:09:47 AM »
Privateer has given good advice here, the only thing I have to add is that It doesn't have to be exactly 3 days. The main thing is that you should wait at least as long as late* morning the day after you set the trap

*technically 8am which is a little bit before late morning, but "an unspecified point in the middle of when it says "morning" is harder to find, unless you happen to be injured because 8am is when your injury level will decrease

PALU

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2021, 09:28:12 AM »
Adding to Plotinus' day turnover advice: Apart from injury healing taking place at that mysterious time, skill increase indicators are reset and spoil calculations are made (so meat can go from standard to stale and from stale to spoiled at that time if it's warm enough).
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 10:46:11 AM by PALU »

Anthony Fruend

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2021, 03:17:53 AM »
Thanks to all of you guys for input.

I guess  I left out the real problem. The trap I set, which the 'Task List'  checked off was one in about 30 traps I was setting at the  time.  I'm not really certain which of the traps is the trap needed for clearing the "Task".  I have zoomed, moved, reset traps and all kinds of crazy stuff. All with failure.

Any ideas on what can be  done?

Thanks for your time,
AF

Anthony Fruend

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2021, 03:25:27 AM »
I'm happy to say the issue is cleared up finally.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Happy gaming,
AF

Plotinus

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2021, 01:03:12 PM »
In my experience it shouldn't matter whether it was the same trap you set previously. In cases where I have more than one location with traps, I can get the "set a trap" to clear by zooming out of one of them and then get the "checking a trap" to clear by immediately going to the next location and zooming in (provided i haven't visited that 3x3 region since 8am), so it's unusual that it wasn't working for you, but I'm glad to hear it got sorted anyway.

Anthony Fruend

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2021, 11:39:41 PM »
Thanks.

At the time I was using the incorrect 'zoom' I was mouse-wheeling.

But thanks to the kind folks on the forums I learned something new again :D

Cheers