Topic: Make rafts see-able on main map?  (Read 2708 times)

« on: May 20, 2021, 10:02:46 PM »
On a couple of occasions I've landed a raft on shore, gone to do something  – usually visiting a riverside village  – and forgotten exactly which square of the zoomed out map I left it on. I then have to spend about 5+ minutes searching around until I found it.  It's like if you lost your car in a parking lot at a very large store, but Iron Age edition. To avoid this, I've taken to marking them on the F6 "super-wide-view" map with a marker tagged "parking" but then one has to remove them again when you leave or else that map gets cluttered.

It would be a small playability kindness to players to have raft visible on the zoomed out map, like shelters are. I would say if there is a square with a raft and a shelter, then the shelter would take precedence in being displayed, and be the only object shown. You're less likely to forget if you left your raft at the shelter square.

ineedcords

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 07:12:27 PM »
On a couple of occasions I've landed a raft on shore, gone to do something  – usually visiting a riverside village  – and forgotten exactly which square of the zoomed out map I left it on. I then have to spend about 5+ minutes searching around until I found it.  It's like if you lost your car in a parking lot at a very large store, but Iron Age edition. To avoid this, I've taken to marking them on the F6 "super-wide-view" map with a marker tagged "parking" but then one has to remove them again when you leave or else that map gets cluttered.

It would be a small playability kindness to players to have raft visible on the zoomed out map, like shelters are. I would say if there is a square with a raft and a shelter, then the shelter would take precedence in being displayed, and be the only object shown. You're less likely to forget if you left your raft at the shelter square.
I think this is a good idea - I hope it gets implemented. Thanks for the suggestion!
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

anything