Topic: Auto-deploy Punt  (Read 3169 times)

Aubble

« on: May 12, 2021, 09:10:22 PM »
I (among many others, I assume) would greatly appreciate a feature where, if you're carrying a punt and wielding a paddle, it would be automatically deployed when you attempt to cross/enter a body of water--especially in the wilderness map. It is very tiring to repeatedly zoom in, drop a punt, enter the water, and zoom back out to travel across a large body of water whilst traveling.

Thank you for considering

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 05:00:39 AM »
It was different in past, when one could land their watercraft on the Wilderness map.
It is still possible to embark on the Wilderness map, so you do not need to zoom in.

Using inventory filter speeds the process some, but not reduce the keyboard jockeying: drop | tabulator | vehicles | enter

Disembark is as it is, most likely due spring ice thawing and fall ice forming.

Brygun

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 11:21:26 PM »
IIRC the embark/disembark in the wilderness was removed to avoid some of the item lost glitches including having too many items in a stack. That is things in the raft stack would poof. Not a problem if it was a bit of food but it could also be an axe or other expensive vital gear.

ineedcords

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 03:46:48 AM »
I (among many others, I assume) would greatly appreciate a feature where, if you're carrying a punt and wielding a paddle, it would be automatically deployed when you attempt to cross/enter a body of water--especially in the wilderness map. It is very tiring to repeatedly zoom in, drop a punt, enter the water, and zoom back out to travel across a large body of water whilst traveling.

Thank you for considering
Yes, good idea - occasionally this is becoming very tiresome (passing 3 or more rivers in a row). It would be a great QoL addition if this can be (re-)implemented at some point.
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

anything