Topic: Punt stuck inland when zooming in [3.63]  (Read 3189 times)

Saukko

« on: March 20, 2021, 10:41:01 PM »
Started playing again after a longish hiatus, and noticed that when you are on a boat and next to a coastal tile on the overland map and zoom in, your punt often gets stuck a couple of tiles inland (maybe something to do with the layout of the zoomed-in map?). It's not a big deal since it's easy enough to push the punt back in - and the behaviour has been there since forever as far as I can recall - but I didn't find it reported before on a quick glance, so here it is.

Plotinus

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 06:17:34 AM »
That happens to me too near my homestead and other tiles I've previously explored on foot. I think it happens because when you leave a tile, it remembers your previous position, and so if I left on foot before, then the position it remembers is on the shore.

It would be better if it would put me a few tiles away from the save spot, in the water. It's usually not a big deal but if you have a lot of logs on your raft then it can take a long time to get back to the water by pushing everything.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 07:29:36 AM »
I believe it’s same issue as when zooming in in late spring.
Reported here

In short, the zoom in mechanic places occasionally the character on the wrong side of the water line on wilderness waterline corner tiles.

Saukko

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 10:08:49 AM »
Yes, it's probably the same bug or at least very closely related. Maybe the game needs to add a few checks to see if the zoomed in location is feasible: if on a boat, make sure the placement is a water tile surrounded by other water tiles; or in that other case, make sure you are spawning on solid ground so you don't spawn on thin ice.