Topic: How do I hit someone  (Read 2882 times)

Homocommando

« on: February 20, 2021, 10:24:27 PM »
Bruh my character with 90 spear skill, couldn't hit target with spear most of the time. He also later got knocked with one stab, and then killed (he weighed like 110kg)
Seems kinda ridiculous to me lol

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 10:40:14 PM »
 Physical conflict in the game, well leaves something to be desired.

In answer to your question;
From behind, or while sleeping are the best chances of one shot (advantage) kill.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

PALU

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 12:35:45 AM »
It can also be noted that the chance to hit are modified by the character's encumbrance, fatigue, and injury penalties, and the resulting roll is then opposed by the opponent's dodge/parry roll. I've encountered enemies that were almost impossible to hit despite my character having very good effective skill. In at least one robber quest case I "wasted" turns to circle the enemy (engaged by hired muscle) in order to attack from behind (as Privateer suggested).

JP_Finn

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2021, 06:04:41 AM »
Each adjacent opponent after first also incurs a penalty. Siccing 2 dogs and joining in the melee will give the opponent -20% penalty, which with flanking; i.e. circling behind the enemy, and hitting from there to ensure a hit helps. Hide before the attack and increase the damage dealt. As long as there’s no other hostile combatants to foil the hiding attempt. With decently high spear skill, lob couple javelins to start with. Often the enemy picks up and wields them, but don’t often throw them back, but charge and use the javelin in melee.

As for getting knocked out with one hit, that’s possible. Endurance and willpower help. I believe agility does as well.

Kels

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 05:15:46 PM »
I guess the takeaway is that your character is the same as any other NPC inhabiting the world. Often quite a bit worse, since you don't start with very good equipment. You have no superhuman abilities or plot armor. A shot that can insta kill an enemy can kill you too. Combat, even against a single opponent is risky unless you have pretty significant armor. Even then, they could land a lucky hit that disables you.

Warfare in the iron age was much like many people's lives, short and brutal. Your character's starting age of 16 is pretty near to middle age of the time.

Tom H

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 06:11:39 PM »
Aye. I've had guys who were armored up, head to toe, who were one-shotted with an arrow through their eye. Another was diced by a Njerp using nothing but his knife. That's not counting the ones who were just battered down by well-prepared Njerps.

So, Hire Companions, buy dogs. Don't treat the game like it is the World ofWarcraft.