Topic: [Adjusted] Window size/location set to 0  (Read 3556 times)

Night

« on: February 15, 2021, 11:38:40 AM »
Had a small power outage/surge tonight from the weather while I was running the game and my PC turned off, when I started the game back up the window size/position was set to what seemed to be 0,0,0,0. Minor inconvenience/annoyance, was able to right-click > window size/location to restore it. Unsure if this occurs when powering off regularly (holding power button, or whatever) or is a one time occurrence.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 09:17:02 PM by Sami »
URW Character Menu - Cheating menu by a player, for the players.
URW Character Designer - Design your characters sprite!

PALU

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 05:23:16 PM »
Probably not standard, but killing the game halfway through can cause save corruption because some cached data hasn't been written to file. Add to that that an OS can decide to defer file writing to disk, and there is a definite risk of data loss and corruption.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 09:21:40 PM »
Yep, this is the same unfortunate Windows system issue as for example character data loss. Even if the files properly modified, data flushed, and file closed on code level it doesn't mean that Windows would really write them to physical disk. For that reason, if the data remains in cache, the blanking seems usual result after the sudden power loss at the very right moment. We've now added some extra measures to try force also the window position file really to the physical disk after its manipulation, but it's to be seen if that matters in every system.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything