Topic: Hunting by car  (Read 5789 times)

ConnorA

« on: February 03, 2021, 12:33:46 AM »
Hi guys. I often go hunting in the game, but in real life, I also like to hunt.
Hunting gives life different colours and an adrenaline rush. I carry a gun with me and go out into the woods in a Honda Ridgeline. It has a large mining body and excellent off-road driving performance, here are all the characteristics of the link removed, user muted. My car is an excellent companion for hunting, I never got stuck in the mud with it and brought the prey home. What are you hunting?

Edit by moderator: link removed, user muted. I hunt doves, quails, bunnies, coyotes, muledeer, black bears.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 07:15:57 AM by JP_Finn »

Homocommando

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 01:30:23 AM »
Hunting gives life different colours and an adrenaline rush. I carry a gun with me [...] I hunt doves, quails, bunnies
Adrenaline rush from hunting little defenseless creatures?
And hunting them with overpowered weapon allowing you to instantly kill animal that is far away, by just moving your finger?

Nice
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 03:27:42 AM by Homocommando »

JP_Finn

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 06:15:14 AM »
Hunting gives life different colours and an adrenaline rush. I carry a gun with me [...] I hunt doves, quails, bunnies
Adrenaline rush from hunting little defenseless creatures?
And hunting them with overpowered weapon allowing you to instantly kill animal that is far away, by just moving your finger?

Nice
Ah, I sense a city-dweller, who buys meat, fish, eggs and produce from the store.

Ethical kill is always preferred, but “instantly kills”, is not what happens. It would be great if it did.
Paralysis, penetrated/collapsed lungs, destroyed heart, bleeding from partially destroyed heart/lung.
Paralysis of the above is only possibly with great conditions and conditioned hunter hitting neck column, severing the nerves from brain. (Headshots aren’t feasible in most cases, skull can deflect projectiles, head moves considerably, brains on most animals are very small target.)
Almost any other case, you’ll have to track down the animal (dog helps, especially with birds)

Most people that aren’t psychopaths/sociopaths feel a rush of adrenaline in life-death situations, even if it’s death of the intended game target.
Black bears have been called many things, but I’ve not heard “little defenseless” before

Also, did you know that flashlight (torch for Britain) with 2 fresh AAA batteries has higher energy potential than pistol with a full magazine of military issue 8g (124grain) 9x19mm ammunition? “High powered” is a typical media fed catch phrase for hoplophobic masses. Remember that John Lennon said: “don’t hate something that you don’t understand”

Homocommando

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 09:41:54 PM »
Ah, I sense a city-dweller, who buys meat, fish, eggs and produce from the store.
Why do you think so?
Ethical kill is always preferred, but “instantly kills”, is not what happens. It would be great if it did.
Paralysis, penetrated/collapsed lungs, destroyed heart, bleeding from partially destroyed heart/lung.
Paralysis of the above is only possibly with great conditions and conditioned hunter hitting neck column, severing the nerves from brain. (Headshots aren’t feasible in most cases, skull can deflect projectiles, head moves considerably, brains on most animals are very small target.)
Almost any other case, you’ll have to track down the animal (dog helps, especially with birds)
Yup, I know. I just didn't want to overspecify what I mean, and make my sentence too long. I just meant it has potential to instantly kill, and overall it is very powerful weapon.
Black bears have been called many things, but I’ve not heard “little defenseless” before
That's why I didn't quote "black bears", lol!
But if you have a gun, then they still are no match for you.
Also, did you know that flashlight (torch for Britain) with 2 fresh AAA batteries has higher energy potential than pistol with a full magazine of military issue 8g (124grain) 9x19mm ammunition? “High powered” is a typical media fed catch phrase for hoplophobic masses. Remember that John Lennon said: “don’t hate something that you don’t understand”
1. Nope, I didn't know. (Any source, btw?)
And I do not know what does that change.
Gun has potential to instantly kill by moving your finger.
Flashlight does not have that potential, no matter how much energy it has.
2. I said overpowered, not high powered.
3. I don't hate guns.

trowftd

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 09:50:59 PM »
I think what Homocommando thought about the post is that the hunter is just going on a wasteful spree of hunting animals. It kind of gives that vibe too at first but at the end if you don't waste the meat and actually have a good use for it I don't think it matters if you kill the animal with weapons or stick and stones aboriginal style. This has been the cycle of life for many years.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 09:52:33 PM by trowftd »

JP_Finn

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2021, 04:49:25 AM »
Why do you think so?
Your post. It’s very passive-aggressive.

Yup, I know. I just didn't want to overspecify what I mean, and make my sentence too long. I just meant it has potential to instantly kill, and overall it is very powerful weapon.
You assume that I solely hunt with firearms. Original, muted poster mentioned firearm. I didn’t. Yet you seem to be attacking / hating hunting/hunters.

That's why I didn't quote "black bears", lol!
But if you have a gun, then they still are no match for you.
1) selective quoting to make an invalid point. Gotcha.

1. Nope, I didn't know. (Any source, btw?)
And I do not know what does that change.
Gun has potential to instantly kill by moving your finger.
Flashlight does not have that potential, no matter how much energy it has.
2. I said overpowered, not high powered.
3. I don't hate guns.
[/quote]

You can look up power in Joules contained in AAA battery with a simple search. You can also do a search for generic muzzle energy of 9x19mm cartridge.

Overpowered is misnomer, worse this case than high-powered. If you don’t have enough kinetic energy to penetrate the game and hit their vitals, then you’re using under powered weapon (could be firearm, could be bow and arrow), and should not be hunting at all.
I didn’t say you’re hating guns/firearms. But you sure come across as one who hates hunting. If that’s a double standard, I don’t know if you do consume animal proteins, but it seems a strong possibility.

anything